Author Topic: California to fine stores that don't have a 'gender neutral' kids toy section  (Read 590 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California to fine stores that don't have a 'gender neutral' kids toy section
The new law will target retailers that sell childcare items and toys for children 12 and under
 By Jamie Joseph Fox News
Published December 27, 2023 4:00am EST

California stores with more than 500 employees will soon be fined for not having a "gender-neutral" toy section once a new state law kicks in Jan. 1.

The bill, signed in 2021 by Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom, will force stores that sell childcare items or toys to pay a $500 fine should the store fail to create a gender-neutral toy section for kids 12 years old and under.

A childcare item, according to the legislation text, "means any product designed or intended by the manufacturer to facilitate sleep, relaxation, or the feeding of children, or to help children with sucking or teething."

Traditional boys and girls sections won't be outlawed, but a gender-neutral section must also be created.

Greg Burt, Vice President of the California Family Research Council — a conservative public policy nonprofit group — told Fox News Digital in an interview Tuesday the law "violates the First Amendment."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-fine-stores-dont-have-gender-neutral-kids-toy-section-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why gender neutral only?  Why not genderless or gender uncertain?  Why not hermaphrodite? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why gender neutral only?  Why not genderless or gender uncertain?  Why not hermaphrodite? :shrug:
Who determines which part is gendered or gender neutral?
Is sports equipment 'gendered'?
are toy cars 'gendered'?
Are dolls and 'action figures' gendered?
The toy bake ware appeals to boys who like to cook, but they might like a color other than pink?

Sure seems to me there are some wicked stereotypes at work in determining which toys fit which genders, something which isn't 'gender neutral' in itself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If I had a store that sold toys I would have an aisle with the shelves on both sides  filled with nothing but different types and sizes of balls and mark it as the gender neutral toy section.

Offline Polly Ticks

Ok, but isn't that already the case in most stores?  Any local Walmart or Target or whatever already just has a "Toys" section ... it's not divided into "Boy Toys" and "Girl Toys". 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ok, but isn't that already the case in most stores?  Any local Walmart or Target or whatever already just has a "Toys" section ... it's not divided into "Boy Toys" and "Girl Toys".
Exactly. In order for the people complaining to have a case, they have to impose their idea of 'gender' on the toy sections. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

Exactly. In order for the people complaining to have a case, they have to impose their idea of 'gender' on the toy sections. :shrug:

Yep.  My granddaughter got Disney princesses and Spiderman action figures for Christmas, and loved them both.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra