Author Topic: Biden anti-consumer crusade targets 4 more types of appliances  (Read 617 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden anti-consumer crusade targets 4 more types of appliances
« on: December 27, 2023, 02:25:40 pm »

Biden anti-consumer crusade targets 4 more types of appliances
Opinion by Ben Lieberman
 •
4h

2023 was an unusually bad year for appliance regulations, and future years won’t be much better unless Congress finds a way to stop the nonsense.

It all started last January when Richard Trumka Jr., a commissioner on the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced an investigation into the safety of natural gas stoves and boasted that a ban on them was "a real possibility." That sparked a powerful consumer backlash, followed up by strong denials from the Biden administration that any such ban was in the works.

But CPSC has still gone ahead with its inquiry, and in February, team Biden launched a second regulatory attack on stoves, this time in the form of a new Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency standard. A careful read of the proposal reveals that it is much tougher on gas stoves than electric versions – part of the administration’s multipronged attack on natural gas use that it justifies on climate change grounds.

It isn’t just gas stoves, and in fact, Biden regulators have launched proposed regulations for other appliances that are likely to be as bad or even worse. As with the rest of the Biden administration's energy agenda, these regulations put the climate change agenda ahead of the best interests of consumers: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/biden-anti-consumer-crusade-targets-4-more-types-of-appliances/ar-AA1m5MC4?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fafe65bc1f894b90a2ed23278a5a2cb5&ei=33
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden anti-consumer crusade targets 4 more types of appliances
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 12:38:04 am »
Dishwashers
Washing Machines
Air conditioners

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden anti-consumer crusade targets 4 more types of appliances
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 01:34:30 am »
I demand an immediate ban on wine chillers and refrigerators.  The Earth should have to die because the bourgeoise limousine liberals don't like to drink room temperature white wine.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.