Author Topic: Homeless Females Surpass 60,000 Under Newsom’s Leadership  (Read 216 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Homeless Females Surpass 60,000 Under Newsom’s Leadership
« on: December 27, 2023, 01:46:05 pm »

Homeless Females Surpass 60,000 Under Newsom’s Leadership
© Provided by State Of The Union

California is facing a rise in homelessness, particularly among women, with over 60,000 homeless women in the state, posing unique challenges such as domestic violence and pregnancy.

Despite efforts by Governor Gavin Newsom to address the issue, the problem persists, driven by factors like domestic violence, mental health challenges, and poverty.

“More than a quarter of women (28.7 percent) reported leaving permanent housing because of domestic or interpersonal violence. This was the most commonly cited reason for leaving a prior permanent housing placement,” a study by the Urban Institute noted.

The state’s ten-year plan to end homelessness in San Francisco has not yielded significant results, with temporary measures being taken to clear the streets for high-profile visits.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/homeless-females-surpass-60-000-under-newsom-s-leadership/ar-AA1m4013?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fe716be688d74e3a8e4068ef710a48c4&ei=59
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson