Author Topic: Transgender model sues agency over alleged insufficient masculinity claim  (Read 298 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Transgender model sues agency over alleged insufficient masculinity claim
© Provided by Washington Examiner

A model who is a biological female identifying as male filed a discrimination suit against a New York City modeling agency on Tuesday, alleging the agency ended the model's career after labeling the model "insufficiently masculine."

Frances Coombe, a 30-year-old native Canadian, filed the suit against Muse Model Management in federal court and named the agency and its president, Conor Kennedy, as defendants, according to a report.

Coombe alleges that both parties violated civil rights that protect a person's gender identity, and the model is seeking at least $300,000 in lost income, plus additional damages, citing a hurt reputation and emotional distress.

"It is no surprise that models evolve their looks, and I had been moving towards more androgyny for quite some time," Coombe said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/transgender-model-sues-agency-over-alleged-insufficient-masculinity-claim/ar-AA1m3KRV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fe716be688d74e3a8e4068ef710a48c4&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Transgender model sues agency over alleged insufficient masculinity claim
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 01:37:25 pm »
 :3: :drunk:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson