Author Topic: Navy Recovers Army Blackhawk, Crew Remains from Crash in the Eastern Med.  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Recovers Army Blackhawk, Crew Remains from Crash in the Eastern Med.
HEATHER MONGILIO
DECEMBER 21, 2023 5:27 PM - UPDATED: DECEMBER 21, 2023 5:54 PM

(top row left to right) Chief Warrant Officer Three Stephen Dwyer, 38, of Clarksville, Tenn., Chief Warrant Officer Two Shane Barnes, 34, of Sacramento, Calif., Staff Sgt Tanner W. Grone, 25, of Gorham, N.H.
(bottom row left to right) Sgt Cade Wolfe, 24, of Mankato, Minn., Sgt Andrew P. Southard, 27, of Junction, Ariz.
The Navy, along with a contracted salvage team, has recovered the remains of three soldiers and the Army MH-60 Blackhawk they were aboard that crashed in the Mediterranean Sea on Nov. 10, the service announced Thursday.

Five special operations soldiers, assigned to the “Night Stalkers” of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, died in the crash. Two soldiers were recovered immediately following the crash while three remains were recovered by the salvage team, the Army said in a Thursday release.

The soldiers killed in the crash:

https://news.usni.org/2023/12/21/navy-contractors-recover-blackhawk-three-remains-from-mediterranean
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson