Author Topic: Eric Adams pads cash-strapped NYC payroll with 293 ‘special assistants’  (Read 3464 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eric Adams pads cash-strapped NYC payroll with 293 ‘special assistants’
By Social Links forRich Calder
Published Dec. 23, 2023, 11:16 a.m. ET

Mayor Eric Adams appears to be following the political playbook of predecessor Bill de Blasio by surrounding himself with many "special assistants" who aren't bound by civil service regulations and answer only to him.

Mayor Adams padded the city payroll with 293 “special assistants” during his first full fiscal year in office — a more than 20% increase over his predecessor Bill de Blasio, The Post has learned.

The bloated band of vaguely titled aides, accountable only to Adams, comprised roughly one-third of the Mayor’s Office staff during the yearly period ending June 30 and cost taxpayers $24.3 million, according to payroll records.

Eighty-five pocketed six-figure earnings in fiscal 2023 – including 13 who took in more than $200,000.

They include Edward Mermelstein, a real estate exec with reportedly close ties to sanctioned Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg, former Deputy Comptroller Marjorie Lander, and Sideya Sherman, a one-time exec with the city’s Housing Authority.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/23/metro/eric-adams-pads-nyc-payroll-with-293-special-assistants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Dear Noo Yawkers- stop voting for morons and crooks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dear Noo Yawkers- stop voting for morons and crooks.

@mountaineer

Stop voting for morons and crooks?

Hell,they are proud of it!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Maybe the mayor could cut a couple of assistants' jobs and buy some rat traps with the money.

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1744674450723705335

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Time to load some buses with more illegals and head to NYC at ramming speed with the song 'Convoy' blaring all the way there.

Don't worry hippies, there will be a chartreuse microbus.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 09:07:33 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe the mayor could cut a couple of assistants' jobs and buy some rat traps with the money.

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1744674450723705335
Look at those dear rats, huddling under the blanket of that homeless guy so they could share their warmth with him happy77 I have to wonder what else they are sharing with him though :pondering:

Offline mountaineer

I wondered whether they were chewing off his ears and fingers. 😬

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is a win/win situation for the mayors of large leftist cities,and they know it.

There IS no such  thing as a "downside" to it for them. They already have all the union and government employee votes locked up,and a few hundred thousand new "immigrants" welcomed to NYC equals a few hundred thousand new votes for his re-election.

And they WILL vote for him because he will be the one they see as being responsible for all the "free" food,housing,clothing,health care,and spending money they will get each month.

Like it or not,but there is no way to beat that system unless "We,the people" vote for a Presidential candidate that doesn't have to rely on illegal votes to win office. One that won't bow down  to them and promise them "just a little less" if they will vote for him,and secretly tell their handlers that he will give them everything they want once he or she gets sworn into office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!