Author Topic: USS Laboon shoots down four drones in Red Sea  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USS Laboon shoots down four drones in Red Sea
« on: December 25, 2023, 02:41:28 pm »
USS Laboon shoots down four drones in Red Sea
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Dec 23, 10:46 PM

The Navy destroyer Laboon shot down four unmanned aerial vehicles Saturday in the Red Sea that U.S. officials say originated from Iran-allied Houthi rebels in Yemen, according to U.S. Central Command.

The incident is the most recent instance where U.S. warships in the Middle East have intercepted air drones and missiles, and comes exactly a week after Navy destroyer Carney took down 14 attack drones in the Red Sea.

U.S. Central Command said that the Laboon shot down the drones, which “were inbound” to the destroyer, as it conducted a patrol in the Southern Red Sea as part of a multinational security initiative to safeguard commercial ships. No injuries or damage occurred due to the incident.

After shooting down the drones, the Laboon responded to distress calls after two commercial vessels came under attack on Saturday.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/news/your-navy/2023/12/24/uss-laboon-shoots-down-four-drones-in-red-sea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson