Author Topic: Illinois state government provides hundreds of migrants with hotel housing in Chicago  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois state government provides hundreds of migrants with hotel housing in Chicago
Stepheny Price
Sun, December 24, 2023 at 8:34 PM EST·2 min read

The Illinois state government has deployed additional resources to support migrants by providing approximately 30 hotel rooms for those needing housing, according to a release from Democrat Gov. J.B. Pritzker's office.

Pritzker stated that in response to a recent influx of asylum-seeking arrivals from Texas, and at the request of Chicago, the state is temporarily providing hotel rooms to safely house families.

He added that it comes as Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has sent an "unprecedented number" of migrants to Illinois in recent days with allegedly no coordination or advanced notice.

According to officials, the state made approximately 30 hotel rooms available Saturday night, with the remaining hotel rooms for up to 200 people becoming available Sunday.

https://news.yahoo.com/illinois-state-government-provides-hundreds-013448816.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I don't imagine US citizens were afforded the same kindness though? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson