Author Topic: U.S.-Mexico border closures could cost billions  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S.-Mexico border closures could cost billions
« on: December 24, 2023, 11:08:53 am »
U.S.-Mexico border closures could cost billions
© Provided by Axios World

Partial closures at key U.S.-Mexico border crossings could cost billions in trade and are causing chaos and political fallout.

The big picture: A massive influx of immigrants at the southern border has led U.S. Customs and Border Protection to divert resources from busy crossings in Arizona and Texas.

Republicans say the Biden administration needs to do more to address the issue, and former President Trump says he is "closing the border" as one of his first acts if he returns to office.
Yes, but: There is evidence that even partial closures can have devastating consequences.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-mexico-border-closures-could-cost-billions/ar-AA1lTuSH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3c6e6837e49947f69fea2bc77c7686c1&ei=21
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S.-Mexico border closures could cost billions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 11:09:43 am »
Not closing them will cost even more.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson