Author Topic: Multiple people injured in what authorities describe as ‘active shooting’ at Florida shopping mall  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
breaking

OCALA, Fla. (AP) — Multiple people were injured Saturday during what authorities described as “an active shooting” situation at a shopping mall in central Florida.

The Ocala Police Department said they were responding to “an active shooting” situation at the Paddock Mall in Ocala, located about 80 miles northwest of Orlando.

The police department later said on social media that the suspect had fled and that the mall was being evacuated.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/southeast/ap-multiple-people-injured-in-what-authorities-describe-as-active-shooting-at-florida-shopping-mall/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

How horrible. I'm sure many were rushing around trying to finish their holiday shopping.

Our society sure has some sick whacko's.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How horrible. I'm sure many were rushing around trying to finish their holiday shopping.

Our society sure has some sick whacko's.
there have always been a lot of sick whackos, it just seems like more because the population is so much larger and there is immediate world wide news which makes it so much easier for these mental defective to get the attention and 'fame' they seek while committing murder and mayhem.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man killed in ‘targeted’ shooting at Florida shopping mall
The suspect left the gun behind after fleeing the scene, officers said.

By AP Reporters
December 24, 2023 at 7:20PM GMT
A man has died in a “targeted” shooting at a shopping mall in central Florida two days before Christmas, police said.

Police chief Mike Balken told reporters that the man was killed after he was shot multiple times in a common area at Paddock Mall in Ocala, about 79 miles north-west of Orlando.

A woman also was shot in the leg. She was treated at a local hospital and is expected to recover, Mr Balken said.

The suspect fled the scene and left behind the firearm.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/world/man-killed-in-targeted-shooting-at-florida-shopping-mall-BIJXEGBRRNP43MQURZVH5US6CQ/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson