Author Topic: SPECIAL REPORT: Red Cross: We’re at the mercy of Hamas  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SPECIAL REPORT: Red Cross: We’re at the mercy of Hamas
« on: December 23, 2023, 06:59:49 pm »
SPECIAL REPORT: Red Cross: We’re at the mercy of Hamas
Embattled aid agency responds to scathing criticism after it’s ridiculed as a mere ‘Uber service’ for hostages
By JENNI FRAZER
December 21, 2023, 10:30 am

The International Red Cross (ICRC) has insisted it can’t “force its way in” to visit Israeli hostages, as it responded to bitter criticism of its response to the crisis by saying it was not in the business of publicly criticising one side of any conflict.

But, in a telling and wide-ranging interview with Jewish News, Matthew Morris, ICRC’s spokesperson for the UK and Ireland, promised his organisation would “never give up” attempts to gain access to the 135 Israeli hostages still held by Hamas in Gaza.

Echoing ICRC president, Mirjana Spoljaric Egger, who met Benjamin Netanyahu last week on her first visit to Israel since the outbreak of the war, Morris said he believed that much of the criticism arose from a misunderstanding of how the ICRC operated.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/special-report-red-cross-were-at-the-mercy-of-hamas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson