Author Topic: Arab fighters killed babies, boys and men in war on Sudan tribe, mothers allege  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

A REUTERS SPECIAL REPORT
Arab fighters killed babies, boys and men in war on Sudan tribe, mothers allege

More than 40 Sudanese mothers from the embattled Masalit tribe detailed how their children, mostly boys, were shot, beaten or knifed to death by fighters in the Arab-dominated RSF paramilitary and allied militias. The tribe’s leader alleges this year’s attacks are part of a campaign to exterminate his people.

By MAGGIE MICHAEL

Visuals by EL TAYEB SIDDIG

Filed: December 15, 2023, 11 a.m. GMT

ON THE CHAD-SUDAN BORDER
The Arab militiamen were hunting for boys that day. That’s how they found 2-year-old Ibrahim Saleh.

Ibrahim, his baby sister and their mother, Safaa Abdel Karim, were on the run in June, fleeing a weeks-long massacre in the Sudanese city of El Geneina. Arab militiamen had shot, stabbed and burned to death members of their tribe, the darker-skinned Masalit people.

Abdel Karim’s husband was among the dead. Along with dozens of women and children, she and her kids were trying to make it to safety in neighboring Chad. They almost did.

About 10 kilometers from the border, she said, Arab paramilitary forces and militiamen stopped them and ordered her to hand over Ibrahim. They looked inside his clothes to inspect his sex, then set him down and began bashing his head and body with wooden rods.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/sudan-politics-darfur-males/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson