Author Topic: EU investigating X over “disinformation” but will never look into Google, YouTube or Facebook for pu  (Read 173 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EU investigating X over “disinformation” but will never look into Google, YouTube or Facebook for pushing outright LIES and CENSORSHIP
12/22/2023 // Cassie B. // 250 Views

The commissioner of the European Union, Thierry Breton, has announced that they are launching an investigation into the social media platform X for its failure to combat “illicit content and disinformation.”

Breton announced in a post on X why infringement proceedings were being opened against the social media platform. In addition to not countering disinformation, Breton cited a deceptively designed user interface and breaching transparency obligations.

At the heart of the investigation is whether Elon Musk's platform failed to prevent so-called illegal content from being spread; this content is little more than posts that do not align with approved government narratives. They will also be looking into whether the platform's new Community Notes feature is sufficient for fighting what they term “information manipulation.” The feature allows users to leave comments on posts that are misleading, essentially crowdsourcing the process of fact checking.

Breton added: “We now have clear rules, ex ante obligations, strong oversight, speedy enforcement and deterrent sanctions and we will make full use of our toolbox to protect our citizens and democracies."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-12-22-eu-investigating-x-disinformation-never-google.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson