Author Topic: More Than 75,000 People Left California This Year, Census Estimates Show  (Read 1470 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More Than 75,000 People Left California This Year, Census Estimates Show
Latest census data show fourth consecutive year of population loss for the Golden State

Susannah Luthi
December 20, 2023

More than 75,000 people left California this year, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's latest population estimates, as the Golden State exodus continues.

This year marked the fourth consecutive year of population loss for the Golden State. And although it's slowing from the previous two years, when California lost half a million residents, the federal estimates show that the exodus hasn't stopped. The state's projected net loss comes despite an uptick in foreign immigration that brought 126,000 people into California last year.

The census analysis comes as California's Democratic leaders face a $68 billion deficit next year, exacerbated in part by high numbers of wealthy people leaving the state for lower taxes and cost of living. Government budget analysts have already warned that California will have to deal with $30 billion deficits for at least the three succeeding years.

https://freebeacon.com/california/more-than-75000-people-left-california-this-year-census-estimates-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: More Than 75,000 People Left California This Year, Census Estimates Show
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 06:15:58 pm »
I have to believe that is a very, very, very conservative number. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: More Than 75,000 People Left California This Year, Census Estimates Show
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 10:56:53 pm »
But... how many illegals came IN to replace them?
Probably many, many, many times more.