Author Topic: Harvard goes full ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ clearing Claudine Gay before investigating her  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
December 23, 2023
Harvard goes full ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ clearing Claudine Gay before investigating her
By Andrea Widburg

In Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland, the Red Queen famously prepares to convict the Knave of Hearts before ruling on the evidence. (“Sentence first—verdict afterwards.”) It turns out that Harvard is run the same way. Its president, Claudine Gay, is an admitted plagiarist, along with embarrassing Harvard with her disgraceful passive support for genocidal antisemitism. Nevertheless, long before Gay’s disastrous House testimony, when allegations about her plagiarism first appeared, Harvard determined before any investigation that she was innocent and threatened to use lawfare against anyone who said otherwise. And now, with her sins revealed, it seems Barack Obama stepped in to save her.

Claudine Gay has been making her mark at Harvard for some time, as she’s pushed a hard-left, racially divisive agenda that is aimed at making Harvard less white and more communist. This meme (here’s a permalink if the image doesn’t show) sums up the fact that her real qualification wasn’t her academic credentials, meaning she was valued for her “diversity” and hard-left agenda:

One would think that, now that Gay’s shoddy scholarship and overt (albeit currently still passive) antisemitism are on display, Harvard would be anxious to disassociate itself from her. She ought to be toxic. But of course, she’s not because she’s everything that an institution once revered for its scholarship now values: race and gender as determiners of worth, anti-Americanism, antisemitism, and all the other leftist shibboleths.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/harvard_goes_full_alice_in_wonderland_clearing_claudine_gay_before_investigating_her.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson