Author Topic: PATHETIC: NYT Twists Own Poll Data to Shield Biden from Atrocious Economic Numbers  (Read 193 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PATHETIC: NYT Twists Own Poll Data to Shield Biden from Atrocious Economic Numbers
Joseph Vazquez
December 20th, 2023 11:05 AM

The New York Times beclowned itself by twisting the results from its own poll to suppress the reality that Americans are frustrated with President Joe Biden largely because his economy stinks.

The latest Times/Sienna poll of 1,016 registered voters, dated Dec. 19, showed that the overall economy and “inflation and the cost of living” took the top spots as the “[m]ost important problem” facing the country today, accounting for 20 and 14 percent of respondents, respectively (34 percent total). But that’s not what The Times chose to highlight in its write-up of the poll results: “Poll Finds Wide Disapproval of Biden on Gaza, and Little Room to Shift Gears.”

The Times used its lede paragraph to zero in on how younger voters were allegedly “far more critical than older voters of both Israel’s conduct and of the administration’s response to the war in Gaza.” Guess how many respondents picked “The Middle East/Israel/Palestinians” as the “most important problem” for the country today: One percent. That represents roughly less than a dozen respondents.

Yes, the newspaper took its own poll that was an indictment against Biden’s economic policies and made the central story largely about something else entirely.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2023/12/20/pathetic-nyt-twists-own-poll-data-shield-biden-atrocious
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If the election were held today, Biden would win in a landslide, the voters having a "change of heart."  Of course, crooked democrat election workers might have some effect, too. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson