Author Topic: Officer shoots woman with gun after standoff in Norwood, police say  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Officer shoots woman with gun after standoff in Norwood, police say
No police officer was injured, Norwood Police Chief William Brooks said
By Asher Klein and Eli Rosenberg • Published December 22, 2023 • Updated on December 23, 2023 at 12:19 am

The woman was rushed from the scene on Morse Street and flown to a hospital in Boston with a single gunshot wound, Norwood Police Chief William Brooks said at a news conference.

A woman brandishing a gun, at times to her head, was shot and wounded by police after a long negotiation in the parking lot of a business in Norwood, Massachusetts, on Friday, police said.

The woman was rushed from the scene on Morse Street and flown to a hospital in Boston with a single gunshot wound to her mid-section, Norwood Police Chief William Brooks said at a news conference.

According to police, the woman had barged into the storage facility, armed with a gun, which she allegedly pointed at a man she was having a dispute with. The man, who is an employee at the business, was able to dash out of the store and sprint across the street, alerting a co-worker to do the same. The employee called 911 shortly before 1 p.m., and officers quickly responded.

"We saw the woman in the parking lot, holding the firearm, initially holding it to her head," Brooks said.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/person-shot-in-police-incident-in-norwood-chief-says/3227023/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson