Author Topic: Trump is Considering a Controversial Running Mate for 2024; However, a Straw Poll Reveals Who MAGA-F  (Read 2360 times)

Offline American Girl

People actually voted for Haley? Wow.

In any case, if Trump remains with his option as VP he would prove he learned absolutely nothing from his last administration on who to surround himself with...

https://www.rightjournalism.com/president-trump-is-considering-a-controversial-running-mate-for-2024-however-straw-poll-reveals-who-maga-friendly-voters-want-as-trumps-vp-and-this-could-change-trump-idea/

Offline libertybele

People actually voted for Haley? Wow.

In any case, if Trump remains with his option as VP he would prove he learned absolutely nothing from his last administration on who to surround himself with...

https://www.rightjournalism.com/president-trump-is-considering-a-controversial-running-mate-for-2024-however-straw-poll-reveals-who-maga-friendly-voters-want-as-trumps-vp-and-this-could-change-trump-idea/

Haley? Of course. This doesn't surprise me at all -- she's who the GOPe wants and Trump is going right along with it.

You are correct.  He has learned absolutely, positively nothing from his last administrative picks, and his attitude and his character is still one of a NY liberal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Mod2

Moved to 2024 Elections category.

Offline corbe

Trump and Birdbrain now that's a ticket I can get behind in 2024   /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Josh Power 🇺🇸
@JoshPower80
Dec 21
The mind control Trump has over his base is really something to behold. What do I mean?

They hate 80 yr old politicians - but not Trump

They hate the vax - but not the father of the vax

They hate Fauci - Trump gave him a medal

They hate the lockdowns - Again, Trump

They want Ronna gone - Trump whipped votes for her

They wanted McCarthy gone - Trump whipped votes for him

They want deportations - Trump deported less in his 4 yrs than Clinton, Bush or Obama in either of their 4 yrs

They say they respect military service - he dodged the draft with a fake medical excuse and slandered American POWs (he said POWs weren't heroes because he likes people that don't get caught)

They say they respect family values - that ain't Trump LOL

They say they're constitutionalists - Trump called to terminate the constitution to overturn the results of the 2020 election

They say they hate govt spending - Trump is the biggest 4 year spender in American history

They hate woke - Trump said that word is stupid and sided with woke Disney against DeSantis

They don't trust the Saudis and think they had a big role in 9/11 - the Saudi royalty are now Trump's family business partners and golfing buddies

They hate the necons - Trump hired John Bolton, Karl Rove, campaigns with Lindsey Graham, loves Nikki Haley, would likely be his VP pick

They want an end to all Ukraine aid - Trump hasn't said he'll end all Ukraine aid, he says he'll load up Ukraine with even more weapons and money to make Putin down, which is essentially the same thing the U.S. has been doing from the start

I could go on. Trumpers don't care, don't hold him accountable for this. It's almost like they don't even realize he did it, or they refuse to accept that this is who he is. When it's pointed out, they deflect, deny or attack the messenger. Very strange.

Ann Coulter called it battered wife syndrome. Maybe so.
Dec 21, 2023 · 10:20 AM UTC

https://nitter.net/JoshPower80/status/1737780149091782669#m
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

Gov. Noem still should be considered as a potential running mate, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Yup!!!!

I think they’re blocking  out the Trump previous four years and are now molding a new reality

Obama supporters did the same when he ran in 2008. They molded him into what they believed he would be
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:33:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and pick Namarata as my VP, and I wouldn't lose any voters"    :cool:

Online Polly Ticks

Yup!!!!

I think they’re blocking  out the Trump previous four years and are now molding a new reality

Obama supporters did the same when he ran in 2008. They molded him into what they believed he would be

Rewriting his hagiography.   wink777
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Most of those criticisms are very fair. However....

They want deportations - Trump deported less in his 4 yrs than Clinton, Bush or Obama in either of their 4 yrs.

"Deportations" are not the right measure of border security because legal deportations are only one specific category of how you can get illegals out, and the Obama Administration basically cooked the books on that by changing what constitutes a "deportation".  And of course, there's the question of how many are coming in.  So the best measure would be net illegal immigration.

Trump would be good by that metric, though he was helped out enormously by COVID.  Jobs dried up, which removed the incentive for illegals to come here.  And, it gave him the legal gift of using Title 42 to turn away migrants at the border.

But that aside, he was still tougher on the border than his two predecessors, and Biden.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 04:31:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and pick Namarata as my VP, and I wouldn't lose any voters"    :cool:

Pretty much.

Offline LMAO

I could go on. Trumpers don't care, don't hold him accountable for this. It's almost like they don't even realize he did it, or they refuse to accept that this is who he is. When it's pointed out, they deflect, deny or attack the messenger. Very strange.

This describes perfectly at least two members here.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

https://trumpnikki2024.com/

"Trump added: “She is a friend of mine, she endorsed me with the most beautiful endorsement you’ve ever heard. She did a great job at the U.N.”

Anyone sensing a pattern here...?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
To answer the dangler posed in the original headline:

Tucker Carlson was the first choice for VP at 35%, Vivek at 26%, and DeSantis at 6%.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

Nikki started this $hit when she was Gov of SC and I will never forget.

Offline libertybele

I was hoping that she would run. IMHO she's too conservative to be on a ticket with Trump, though IIRC she's already endorsed him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Nikki started this $hit when she was Gov of SC and I will never forget.
She's a RINO.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why would anyone want to be Trumpy's number two?   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Being such a bombastic autocratic personality has downsides, as it really doesn't matter who's around him, because they are basically Christmas ornaments.

That said, if he picks Darling Nikki or similar as his second, then he basically shoots himself in the eye. This is my #1 problem with Trump - he talks big on the tough stuff, then folds like a cheap tent. Mitch McConnell folds, but at least he doesn't talk big and tough before he does it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yup!!!!

Populists. *SPIT* That's what happens without anchoring principle.

Offline corbe

I like Gov Noem, even though she's endorsed Trump.  But she's going through an unpleasant divorce right now and I think she best be waiting for the GOP to shed itself from its orange skin in 2025.

Offline roamer_1

I like Gov Noem, even though she's endorsed Trump.  But she's going through an unpleasant divorce right now and I think she best be waiting for the GOP to shed itself from its orange skin in 2025.

Yeah... Keep her powder dry, hunker down, and watch her top knot.... And stay at least 100 miles away from the tar baby.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah... Keep her powder dry, hunker down, and watch her top knot.... And stay at least 100 miles away from the tar baby.
That orange might be harder to get off than Black Walnut.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis