Author Topic: 18 young people sue government agency for ‘intentionally’ violating their constitutional rights  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
18 young people sue government agency for ‘intentionally’ violating their constitutional rights: ‘At no time in our nation’s history …’
Story by Jeremiah Budin  •
9h

Climate pollution is an ever-growing crisis, and while there are many individual steps that we can take to reduce our personal impact, little can be done to address the underlying causes of this crisis without convincing the powers that be to take it seriously.

To that end, a group of 18 California residents between the ages of eight and 17 have sued the Environmental Protection Agency for allowing dangerous levels of planet-overheating gas to be released.

The lawsuit states that the EPA is “intentionally” violating their constitutional rights to equal protection, due process, and others by letting businesses release heat-trapping gases — such as carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide — in large enough amounts that our planet is continually overheating.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/18-young-people-sue-government-agency-for-intentionally-violating-their-constitutional-rights-at-no-time-in-our-nation-s-history/ar-AA1lVwGp?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=50e191b39a7642ad9d52ada56e68384b&ei=62
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It looks like they have avoided naming democrats in their alleged Constitutional violations who are the real bad guys for spreading so much false information. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson