Author Topic: Litman: Trump, RNC Chair McDaniel in Legal ‘Hot Water’ in Michigan  (Read 1105 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Litman: Trump, RNC Chair McDaniel in Legal ‘Hot Water’ in Michigan

Pam Key 22 Dec 2023

Former federal prosecutor Harry Litman said Friday on CNN’s “News Central” that he believed former President Donald Trump and Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel could be in legal jeopardy for reportedly offering to provide lawyers to two Michigan canvassers after urging them not to certify the results of the 2020 election on a phone call.

Litman said, “It really is a piece with the infamous phone call to Raffensperger. One key difference, these two canvassers, one has since died, played ball, they came back the next day tried to rescind the votes.”

He continued, “It feeds totally into Jack Smith’s case, which already concerns Michigan. This call is not in there, but we have to expect that they have it. In addition, it is a state crime almost certainly because Michigan law prohibits bribery, getting a public official to try not to do their duty by offering something of value. Here, that would be a lawyer because they knew, everyone knew, it would be needed. So this is hot water all around.”

When asked about Trump’s claims of immunity, Litman said, “This is the claim he is trying to make now with the Supreme Court saying, even if I didn’t, because it was my official duties, you cannot convict me or indict me, that’s not going to fly because he’s not acting as president here. He’s acting as a candidate. Ronna McDaniel is trying to say, ‘We were just looking into things.’ but that does not fly either because she is exhorting them not to do their job. They were not looking into things. They were actually trying to stonewall the legal process.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/22/litman-trump-and-rnc-chair-mcdaniel-in-legal-hot-water-in-michigan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Litman: Trump, RNC Chair McDaniel in Legal ‘Hot Water’ in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 10:58:49 pm »

Trump pressured Michigan officials not to certify 2020 election, according to tape: report

According to the report, Trump told the two officials that they would look “terrible” if they certified state's election results.

By Charlotte Hazard

Published: December 23, 2023 4:51pm

A newly revealed tape suggests that former President Donald Trump pressured two Michigan officials not to certify the state's results of the 2020 election, according to a report from The Detroit News.

The phone call took place on Nov. 17, 2020 between Trump, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and two Wayne County election authorities, Monica Palmer and William Hartmann.

According to the report, Trump told the two officials that they would look “terrible” if they certified the state's election results.

"We've got to fight for our country," Trump reportedly said. "We can't let these people take our country away from us."

"If you can go home tonight, do not sign it. ... We will get you attorneys," McDaniel said during another point in the call. Trump added that they would "take care of that."

Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said Trump's actions "were taken in furtherance of his duty as president of the United States to faithfully take care of the laws and ensure election integrity, including investigating the rigged and stolen 2020 presidential election," according to the outlet.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/trump-pressured-michigan-officials-not-certify-2020-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 11:07:31 pm »
I saw a blurb about this in passing through the family room on TV -- it has hit the airwaves.

How is Trump going to escape this one?  It is being reported that they have an actual recording. I do find it interesting that there was no mention of a recording until now though.

As for Ronna - her hands are dirty -- she needs to step down.

A recording is pretty damning evidence -- perhaps they can blame it on AI intelligence.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 11:09:21 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 04:17:02 pm »
I saw a blurb about this in passing through the family room on TV -- it has hit the airwaves.

How is Trump going to escape this one?  It is being reported that they have an actual recording. I do find it interesting that there was no mention of a recording until now though.

As for Ronna - her hands are dirty -- she needs to step down.

A recording is pretty damning evidence -- perhaps they can blame it on AI intelligence.  *****rollingeyes*****

And the Democrats will use that recording, if one does exist, come fall of 2024

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 09:08:58 pm »
I don't get it... Offering to back the play and provide legal cover is not a bribe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 10:13:20 pm »
And the Democrats will use that recording, if one does exist, come fall of 2024

@LMAO

And if a recording doesn't exist,they will create one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!