Author Topic: Family of autistic Jewish teen who had swastika carved on his back by classmates sues school  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

DECEMBER 22, 2023

Family of autistic Jewish teen who had swastika carved on his back by classmates sues school
By Social Links forJorge Fitz-Gibbon
Published Dec. 21, 2023
Updated Dec. 21, 2023, 2:40 p.m. ET

The family of an autistic Jewish high school student who had a swastika carved on his back in a cruel antisemitic attack by classmates is suing his Las Vegas school.

The abused teen and his mom, identified only as S.K. and C.K. in court papers, claim the Clark County School District not only failed to protect the 18-year-old, but dropped the ball on providing him a proper education.

“At the outset, the district failed to provide [the student] a safe school environment that was free from harassment, intimidation and bullying,” according to the complaint filed Nov. 13 with the Nevada Department of Special Education.

“Specifically, on March 9, 2023, [the student] came home from school with a swastika physically carved into his back and the service dog bag was broken and re-sewn,” it said. “[He] refused to enter that specific bathroom after that day. The district denied any knowledge of the incident occurring.”

The teen has since been homeschooled.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/21/news/family-of-autistic-jewish-teen-who-had-swastika-carved-on-his-back-sues-school/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 04:18:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am probably  in a minority here,but what happened to charging the individuals who actually  committed this atrocity  and viscous attack?

Seems sometimes  like we,as a people,have pretty much forgotten about justice and punishing the guilty in favor of going after the deep pockets of people or institutions that are only remotely related to the crime.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!