Author Topic: California drunk driver pleads guilty after crashing into anti-drunk driving sign  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California drunk driver pleads guilty after crashing into anti-drunk driving sign
By Social Links forSnejana Farberov
Published Dec. 21, 2023, 2:22 p.m. ET

A woman has pleaded guilty in California to driving under the influence after she crashed into a sign warning motorists against drunk driving.

Clarissa Hernandez, 27, from Texas, had downed a pint of tequila minutes before getting behind the wheel of her Land Rover early Aug. 11 and plowing into an electronic signboard in Palm Springs that read, “Don’t Drink & Drive,” according to a police statement.

The impact of the crash shattered the sign, but cops said the situation could have been much worse because the sloshed driver had narrowly avoided colliding with a group of pedestrians leaving a nearby theater.

Officers who were posted at the checkpoint near the crash scene ran over and saw Hernandez staggering away from her wrecked vehicle.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/21/news/drunk-driver-pleads-guilty-after-hitting-dui-warning-sign/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 03:49:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
There must be more to the story.  Is she a legal resident and plea bargained not to get deported?  You don't normally find 27 yr. old females driving Land Rovers, so was it hers or was it "borrowed" from someone she didn't know?  She is from Texas but the accident was in Mejifornia.  Was she transporting naughty stuff?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson