Author Topic: Nikki Haley Makes The Worst Possible Argument Against Trump  (Read 1014 times)

Offline corbe

Nikki Haley Makes The Worst Possible Argument Against Trump
« on: December 22, 2023, 03:25:39 pm »
Nikki Haley Makes The Worst Possible Argument Against Trump

BY: MARK HEMINGWAY
DECEMBER 22, 2023

Haley is telling voters to support her because ‘rightly or wrongly, chaos follows’ Trump, but it’s absurd to think a different GOP president won’t also face an utterly lawless and well-coordinated attack on his legitimate use of power.

During a speech in South Carolina late last month, Haley trotted out a rather interesting line of attack against Trump: “And the truth of it all — and this is another hard truth — I believe President Trump was the right president at the right time. I was proud to serve America in his administration, and I agree with a lot of his policies. But the truth is, rightly or wrongly, chaos follows him. You know I’m right. Chaos follows him. We have too much division in this country and too many threats around the world to be sitting in chaos once again.”

These were not tossed-off remarks. Byron York, the only political reporter who seems to have grasped the significance of the remark, notes that Haley has been road-testing some variation of the “chaos” line since October, and it appears it’s a regular part of her stump speech. York has done a typically thorough and thoughtful analysis of this, including why Haley’s line might ruffle some feathers among Republicans.

Now, certainly, there are many Republicans out there who might be inclined to agree with a facile reading of this line. There’s hardly a Trump voter out there who hasn’t at least privately lamented Trump saying inflammatory things that detract from his actual policy accomplishments.

But ultimately, Haley’s line about “chaos” spectacularly misreads the problem and, along with it, the sentiment of a lot of Trump voters she needs to win over. When she says “the truth is, rightly or wrongly, chaos follows him,” the word “wrongly” in that sentence pretty much gives up the entire game. The biggest source of chaos in Trump’s presidency wasn’t mean tweets; it was the entire Washington establishment and administrative state breaking laws and violating norms both to impede his policies and attempt to throw him out of office. This was, indeed, very, very wrong and exposed a rot so deep that the number one requirement of any future Republican president is dismantling this corruption that threatens the foundations of the republic.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2023/12/22/nikki-haley-makes-the-worst-possible-argument-against-trump/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Nikki Haley Makes The Worst Possible Argument Against Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 03:41:08 pm »
She's not wrong.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 03:55:08 pm »
She's not wrong.

Agreed.  The argument of "they'll do this same thing to any Republican" is bogus.  DeSantis infuriated them a whole bunch of times in Flodia, and they tried to challenge him legally.  Hell, Trump himself tried it, and failed.  And the reason it failed is because DeSantis was smart enough to do things in a way that didn't give them any real legal grounds.

DeSantis is an easy example, but the point isn't unique to him.  They tried the same with Abbott and the flights/buses of immigrants.  The difference with Trump is that he is dumb/sloppy/ignorant/ill-disciplined enough to give them enough grounds to make a case against him.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 04:01:37 pm »
Yes chaos follows Trump.  However is this chaos because he creates it or is this chaos because he has rattled the leftists and revealed their corruption?? He didn't create the corruption in DC, he exposed it.

He was not successful in draining the swamp; IMHO Haley is part of that swamp.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 04:08:23 pm »
Yes chaos follows Trump.  However is this chaos because he creates it or is this chaos because he has rattled the leftists and revealed their corruption?? He didn't create the corruption in DC, he exposed it.

He was not successful in draining the swamp; IMHO Haley is part of that swamp.

Why not both?

Yes, Trump upset the left/establishment.  But so did Reagan.  The difference is that Trump brought along a crap ton of pointless chaos and disruption that ended up blunting the good parts of his message, and his effectiveness.

In other words, just because one side is wrong doesn't make the other side right.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 04:15:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 04:08:29 pm »
Agreed.  The argument of "they'll do this same thing to any Republican" is bogus.  DeSantis infuriated them a whole bunch of times in Flodia, and they tried to challenge him legally.  Hell, Trump himself tried it, and failed.  And the reason it failed is because DeSantis was smart enough to do things in a way that didn't give them any real legal grounds.

DeSantis is an easy example, but the point isn't unique to him.  They tried the same with Abbott and the flights/buses of immigrants.  The difference with Trump is that he is dumb/sloppy/ignorant/ill-disciplined enough to give them enough grounds to make a case against him.

You made some valid points. Trump was ignorant going into the presidency of how the gov't actually worked and he selected the wrong people to effectively fight the massive corruption in DC, including his son-in-law, Sessions, Rosenstein, Barr, etc.

Yes he lacks discipline and acts like a 5th grand bully.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 04:19:11 pm »
   Why aren't the Trumpers portraying Nikki a back~stabbing little bi1ch like they do DeSantis for running in 2024?  She was his Ambassador to the UN?  I'll tell you why~She is a Trump trojan horse only to take away votes from DeSantis.  They are both RINO's!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 04:24:57 pm »
   Why aren't the Trumpers portraying Nikki a back~stabbing little bi1ch like they do DeSantis for running in 2024?  She was his Ambassador to the UN?  I'll tell you why~She is a Trump trojan horse only to take away votes from DeSantis.  They are both RINO's!!!!

@corbe

Have you received permission from DeSanctimonious to live up his ass full-time yet?

Will you be allowed to bring furniture with  you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 04:35:04 pm »
@corbe

Have you received permission from DeSanctimonious to live up his ass full-time yet?

Will you be allowed to bring furniture with  you?
And there it is right on que, the childish insult response....from someone who doesn't even like Trump :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 04:39:58 pm »
You made some valid points. Trump was ignorant going into the presidency of how the gov't actually worked and he selected the wrong people to effectively fight the massive corruption in DC, including his son-in-law, Sessions, Rosenstein, Barr, etc.

Yes he lacks discipline and acts like a 5th grand bully.
The problem, and a huge one, is that Trump was ignorant of how our government worked going into his presidency, during his presidency and after his presidency. He tried to run America like he ran his companies, as a reality TV star, and never really worked with the congress majority he had to get laws passed for lasting change  **nononono* Trump lived by the EO and we all know how that worked out.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 04:41:11 pm »
   NO @sneakypete Unlike the Trumpers I don't permission from anyone to reside anywhere.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 04:50:52 pm »
She's right because he brings like 50% of the shit he gets on himself.

One day he's getting banned from the ballot from Colorado (brought by external forces), the next day he mentions some batshit insane thing about immgrants poisoning our blood (brought on by himself). It's been like this since 2016.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 04:52:13 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 05:31:24 pm »
Reasons to note vote for Trump:

- He's not a Constitutionalist.
- He's not a fiscal conservative.
- He's possibly an insurrectionist.
- He does not believe in limited Government when he's in charge.
- He's a mentally unfit malignantly narcissistic psychopath, compulsive liar, and kleptomaniac.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 05:36:58 pm »
Reasons to note vote for Trump:

- He's not a Constitutionalist.
- He's not a fiscal conservative.
- He's possibly an insurrectionist.
- He does not believe in limited Government when he's in charge.
- He's a mentally unfit malignantly narcissistic psychopath, compulsive liar, and kleptomaniac.

Despite all that, he is going to be the guy that’s going to be written about in the history books as the president that saved America
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2023, 02:29:26 pm »
Since leaving her position as UN ambassador, Haley's net worth has reportedly gone from $1 million to $8 million.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1738367518123917596
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2023, 03:18:19 pm »
   Why aren't the Trumpers portraying Nikki a back~stabbing little bi1ch like they do DeSantis for running in 2024?

Haley had the courtesy --- and courage ---- to talk with Trump directly before announcing ----- unlike the "back-stabbing little bi1ch" (AKA: Rob)  who had neither and who owes his 2018 election victory to the Trump endorsement and efforts Rob begged for.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2023, 03:24:21 pm »
Haley had the courtesy --- and courage ---- to talk with Trump directly before announcing ----- unlike the "back-stabbing little bi1ch" (AKA: Rob)  who had neither and who owes his 2018 election victory to the Trump endorsement and efforts Rob begged for.

I didn’t realize GOP candidates had to get permission from Trump to run. Complete nonsense
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2023, 03:44:05 pm »

That must be why Trump talked to the Clintons before running the first time around... To get permission...

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2023, 04:01:56 pm »
That must be why Trump talked to the Clintons before running the first time around... To get permission...
:silly: :silly: :silly: :beer: :2popcorn:

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2023, 04:16:11 pm »
   TTIUWP:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2023, 04:34:53 pm »
Neither DeSantis nor any other GOP candidate had any moral obligation to talk to Trump ahead of times.  None of them "owed" him squat, and certainly didn't require his blessing to run.

He was not a sitting President.  They all supported him in 2020 when he was a sitting President, and he lost.  Slate wiped clean.

Haley did it only because she's been angling for that VP slot all along.  DeSantis justifiably - and wisely - wants nothing to do with that job, so he didn't.

Good for him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 04:35:40 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »