Author Topic: NYC Mayor Eric Adams blames rats as a big reason for New Yorkers fleeing state in droves  (Read 620 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Eric Adams blames rats as a big reason for New Yorkers fleeing state in droves
Story by Aneeta Bhole, Emily Crane  •
16h

Mayor Eric Adams blamed rats — along with the cost of living and COVID-19 — as big reasons why New Yorkers are fleeing the state in droves according to a recent report, he said Thursday.

Hizzoner pointed the finger at the Big Apple’s notorious rodent population after sobering new United States Census Bureau statistics revealed nearly 102,000 people had high-tailed it out of the Empire State within the last year.

“Some people who have children and families decide they want to go to a place where their children can play outdoors, larger green spaces, you want to see animals — you don’t see animals except for rats in New York,” Adams said when asked about the plunging population data.

“So there’s a combination of things,” he said, adding: “And we are getting rid of those rats, by the way.”

The mayor, who has repeatedly declared “I hate rats” and said confessed to being “fixated on killing” them, has long waged a war against his old foe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-blames-rats-as-a-big-reason-for-new-yorkers-fleeing-state-in-droves/ar-AA1lRqIG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5b0bd14bf72c42f49030741560e99266&ei=80
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He's referring to the rat infestation in Albany, not the rodents in NYC, right? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"NYC Mayor Eric Adams blames rats as a big reason for New Yorkers fleeing state in droves..."

Offline LMAO

Rats have been in NYC since the Revolutionary War

What's new is progressive policies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy