Author Topic: Joe Biden Pressured Merrick Garland to Prosecute Donald Trump, Resurfaced NYT Report Says  (Read 1110 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Pressured Merrick Garland to Prosecute Donald Trump, Resurfaced NYT Report Says

Wendell Husebø 21 Dec 2023

President Joe Biden pressured Attorney General Merrick Garland in 2022 to prosecute former President Donald Trump, a resurfaced New York Times report says.

The report, which reemerged Thursday on X, appears to be attracting attention because of the recent legal attacks against Trump:

Colorado – Prohibiting Trump from Colorado’s 2024 primary ballot
    New York – “Stormy Daniels” (state)
    Miami – “Documents” (federal)
    Washington, D.C. – “January 6” (federal)
    Fulton County, Georgia (state)

Times reporters Katie Benner, Katie Rogers, and Michael S. Schmidt published an article on April 2, 2022, about Biden’s frustration with Garland about the lack of prosecution against Trump, according to two people familiar with Biden’s comments.

“The attorney general’s deliberative approach has come to frustrate Democratic allies of the White House and, at times, President Biden himself,” the Times reported. “As recently as late last year, Mr. Biden confided to his inner circle that he believed former President Donald J. Trump was a threat to democracy and should be prosecuted, according to two people familiar with his comments.”

“And while the president has never communicated his frustrations directly to Mr. Garland, he has said privately that he wanted Mr. Garland to act less like a ponderous judge and more like a prosecutor who is willing to take decisive action over the events of Jan. 6,” the report added.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/21/joe-biden-pressured-merrick-garland-prosecute-donald-trump-resurfaced-nyt-report-says/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Donald Trump was impeached for making a phone call to a foreign country inquiring about a prosecutor investigating Hunter Biden being fired

If it’s good enough for Donald Trump, then it has to apply to Biden. We are told that no one is above the law, right?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
The chance that Joe and Hunter were not getting defensive briefings from the FBI/CIA during his vice presidency is next to nil. There are signs all over the laptop. These amount to a green light for corruption.
2:17 PM · Dec 31, 2023

EXCLUSIVE: Inquiries on Hunter Biden and FISA Surveillance Meet With Biden Admin Obstruction
Colin Aamot
  December 21, 2023
Daily Signal

A review by The Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project of documents recently released by the Justice Department reveals that for nearly three years, the agency actively has hindered congressional probes into a Chinese businessman associated with Hunter Biden, the president’s son.

Patrick Ho, also known as Hé Zhìpíng, is a Chinese national who was a prominent figure at the conglomerate CEFC China Energy. In 2019, Ho was convicted of international bribery and money laundering.

CEFC China Energy focused on the expansion of Communist China’s One Belt One Road initiative across multiple continents before being absorbed in 2018 by Chinese government interests through bankruptcy.

As revealed in court documents, the FBI had monitored Ho’s communications under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, from as early as June 2016 until FBI agents arrested him in late November 2017.

This period of electronic surveillance by the FBI overlapped with the time in which President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was engaged in business with CEFC China Energy during 2017, the year that Biden left the vice presidency. ...

Obstruction by the Justice Department, parent agency to the FBI, has occurred simultaneously amid abuses perpetrated by the larger intelligence community—with little congressional recourse and oversight.

The president and his son consistently have denied any wrongdoing. The younger Biden said last week, in defying a House subpoena to be interviewed behind closed doors, that his father was not “financially involved” in his overseas business deals.

Heritage’s Oversight Project previously released a detailed memorandum that provides an investigatory road map for congressional investigators pertaining to the Ho legal case.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org