Author Topic: Missouri Democrat ousted from caucus over ‘failure to uphold standards’  (Read 214 times)

Offline mountaineer

Ha ha. Democrats. "Standards." The jokes write themselves.
Missouri Democrat ousted from caucus over ‘failure to uphold standards’
Rep. Sarah Unsicker decries move as ‘character assassination’
By Joe McLean
Published: Dec. 21, 2023 at 2:51 PM EST|Updated: 7 minutes ago

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (First Alert 4) - The Missouri House Democratic caucus voted Thursday to remove state Rep. Sarah Unsicker, D-Shrewsberry, over her controversial social media behavior and her association with an admitted holocaust-denier and conspiracy theorist.

“The House Democratic Caucus is dedicated to the values of inclusiveness, tolerance and respect,” said a joint statement from House Democratic leadership. “When a member fails to uphold those standards, the caucus has a duty to act.”

Unsicker has recently been criticized by Democratic colleagues for her association with Charles Johnson, an alt-right political activist, and Eric Garland, who has garnered an online reputation as a conspiracy theorist and fringe political operative.

The four-term house member posted on social media to dismiss the criticism, saying, “I’m an adult and capable of choosing my friendships.” ...
KMOV

I'll be honest, she seems a little strange. On the other hand, she doesn't march in leftist lockstep with her party, so kudos for that. (Check out her blog).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 08:09:25 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org