Author Topic: The Harvard President Scandal Has Become So Bad It Could Be Killing Off Diversity-Equity-and-Inclusi  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Harvard President Scandal Has Become So Bad It Could Be Killing Off Diversity-Equity-and-Inclusion
By Brad Slager | 2:45 PM on December 20, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

Things have not calmed down on the campus of Harvard. Quite the opposite — behind the ivy-choked masonry in Boston, the atmosphere is roiling. After the campus president inflamed the country, we now have faculty members stepping up to decry her stature, and businesses are showing signs of backing away from the once austere character of the college’s graduates, as we are seeing evidence of a viral mindset infecting this school.

You know things are bad when a story like this not only remains in the news cycle but continues to evolve. Following her testimony before Congress over the actions (or specifically, the lack thereof) towards blatantly antisemitic protests and calls for violence against Jews, Harvard’s President Claudine Gay continues to be a fixture. In the wake of her appalling appearance, we have come to see she operates in a realm that is divorced from reality.

I recently covered how Claudine Gay’s words have exposed not only the way DEI has metastasized on her campus and others but also that the press supporting her testimony has also become compromised. For the better part of a year, the media have been scorching Elon Musk for supposedly fostering hate because he has lowered the barricades on expression on Xitter. But one thing still not tolerated on his platform is any content making the use of threatening language. Yet, as Dr. Gay has stood by students calling for the eradication of Israel and similar language, the press appears unbothered.

Some calls for violence are more equal than others, was the message.

https://redstate.com/bradslager/2023/12/20/the-harvard-president-scandal-has-become-so-bad-it-could-be-killing-off-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-n2167774
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson