Author Topic: Biden brags about defying Supreme Court and relieving '136 million' student loan debts  (Read 321 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Washington Examiner
Thursday, December 21, 2023

Biden brags about defying Supreme Court and relieving '136 million' student loan debts
by Haisten Willis, White House Reporter
 December 20, 2023 03:08 PM

President Joe Biden bragged Wednesday about defying the Supreme Court over student loans and appeared to slip up verbally in doing so.

The Supreme Court struck down Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness plan in June, ruling it was an illegal use of the president's powers. But since then, Biden has pushed forward with several smaller rounds of cancellation anyway.

"I went to the Supreme Court to eliminate student debt out there,” Biden said to applause at a Bidenomics-focused speech in Milwaukee. “Guess what? The Supreme Court ruled against me, but I still got 136 million people’s debt relieved.”
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden brags about defying Supreme Court and relieving '136 million' student loan debts
by Haisten Willis, White House Reporter
 December 20, 2023 03:08 PM

President Joe Biden bragged Wednesday about defying the Supreme Court over student loans and appeared to slip up verbally in doing so.

The Supreme Court struck down Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness plan in June, ruling it was an illegal use of the president's powers. But since then, Biden has pushed forward with several smaller rounds of cancellation anyway.

"I went to the Supreme Court to eliminate student debt out there,” Biden said to applause at a Bidenomics-focused speech in Milwaukee. “Guess what? The Supreme Court ruled against me, but I still got 136 million people’s debt relieved.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-supreme-court-136-million-student-loan-debts
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

This is exactly why the DEMS continue their stranglehold on this country.  They continue to ignore the rule of law and do what the heck they want anyways and no one seems to be able to stop them or wants to stop them. Why?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wouldn't ignoring a supreme soviet order be an impeachable offense?  Then again, the greatest legal mind ever, Imam Obama, told people in authority if they didn't like a law, they should just ignore it. :whistle:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Just one more impeachable offense by this dead from the neck up moron!