Author Topic: Black teen shot during CHAZ occupation in 2020 brings suit against Seattle for allowing 'countless a  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MERICAN NEWS Dec 20, 2023
Black teen shot during CHAZ occupation in 2020 brings suit against Seattle for allowing 'countless acts of violence'
"Despite knowledge of the violence and chaos, Seattle leaders failed Robert West and the other residents of CHOP. The 'summer of love' inevitably turned into the 'summer of blood.'"

Ari Hoffman
Seattle WA
Dec 20, 2023

A lawsuit has been filed against the city of Seattle, as well as former and current city officials, on behalf of Robert West, a black teen who was the sole survivor of a shooting in Seattle’s deadly "autonomous zone." The lawsuit alleged that the city failed to protect him by allowing "countless acts of violence" in the summer of 2020. 

The suit names former mayor Jenny Durkan, former police chief Carmen Best, marxist councilmember Kshama Sawant, and fire chief Harold Scoggins.

According to West’s attorney Evan Oshan, he and his friend Antonio Mays Jr. were attempting to escape the barricaded zone on June 29, 2020, nine days after the fatal shooting of another teen, Lorenzo Anderson, in the same area.

It was the fourth shooting during the existence of the zone in Seattle’s Capitol Hill.

https://thepostmillennial.com/black-teen-shot-during-chaz-occupation-in-2020-brings-suit-against-seattle-for-allowing-countless-acts-of-violence
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson