Author Topic: Because of the F-16, Russian warships might hide in Georgia  (Read 152 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Because of the F-16, Russian warships might hide in Georgia
« on: December 21, 2023, 02:34:48 pm »
Because of the F-16, Russian warships might hide in Georgia
By Boyko Nikolov on December 19, 2023

When Ukraine started operating the F-16, Frederik Mertens, an analyst at the Center for Strategic Studies in The Hague, highlighted to Newsweek that strikes from this fighter jet had put the Russian Navy on its toes, even in the eastern parts of the Black Sea.

Notably, Ukraine’s aggressive drone strikes and missile attacks have compelled the Russians to shift a substantial part of their fleet to Novorossiysk—a location within Crimea. Despite this move, it’s clear that the Russian Navy is feeling the heat.

They have gone a step further and declared the development of a naval base in Ochamchira, a town ensconced in the Russian-seized Abkhazia area of Georgia. This move is seen as another calculated attempt to circumvent further attacks from Ukraine.

Mertens emphasized the significance of Ochamchira – explaining it as “practically the most distant port available to Russia on the Black Sea shoreline.” He also noted that the strategic withdrawal of the Russian Black Sea Fleet highlights the efficacy of Ukraine’s current military campaigns and underlines the formidable threat perceived from the entry of F-16 fighters into Ukraine’s arsenal.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2023/12/19/because-of-the-f-16-russian-warships-might-hide-in-georgia/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson