Author Topic: NY Democrats Launch Attack on Chick-fil-A's Right to Heed Biblical Commandment  (Read 817 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NY Democrats Launch Attack on Chick-fil-A's Right to Heed Biblical Commandment
Story by Warner Todd Huston  •
3h

The New York legislature has launched a bill aimed at forcing Chick-fil-A outlets at the state's rest stops to cancel the company's longtime practice of closing on Sundays.

The state awarded spots to the popular fast food outlet to open counter outlets at some of the rest stops on the New York Thruway, knowing full well ahead of time that the counters would be closed on Sundays in accordance with the eatery's policy. The policy has been in place since its founding in Hapeville, Georgia, in 1946, according to New York's Spectrum News 1.

Chick-fil-A's policy states that the company is closed on Sundays "to allow Operators and their team members to enjoy a day of rest, be with their families and loved ones, and worship if they choose."
Chick-fil-A was awarded 10 locations as part of a remodeling of the Thruway’s 27 rest stops, some of which have been closed for more than a year, Spectrum News 1 reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/ny-democrats-launch-attack-on-chick-fil-a-s-right-to-heed-biblical-commandment/ar-AA1lNAqL?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=df795b126b0240fb93a88954d299058c&ei=55
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Clearly, the NY Democrats want to create a law that adversely affects and imposes upon only one entity. Just a coincidence it's a company owned by Christians who try to live up to biblical standards, I'm sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"Clearly, the NY Democrats want to create a law that adversely affects and imposes upon only one entity..."

Isn't that also called a "Bill of Attainder" -- and as such, prohibited by the U.S. Constitution?

Offline mountaineer

Isn't that also called a "Bill of Attainder" -- and as such, prohibited by the U.S. Constitution?
Similar, at least in intent.

Online libertybele

Forcing a company to stay open for business? I don't think so.  Do they also feel that they can dictate what hours they can open and close? Nothing more than liberal logic crappola.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Sarah Fields
@SarahisCensored
Chick-Fil-A and Truway signed a lease, with the understanding that they would be closed on Sunday. If New York passes a law that now requires they open on Sunday, it would invalidate the lease. Chick-fil-A could then legally abandon the location and sue New York for loss of income.
I stand with Chick-fil-A.
7:14 PM · Dec 20, 2023

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isn't this the same Chick fil A that Chicago democrats didn't even want to do business there? :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

TPTB did this also at the San Antonio Airport.

Chick-fil-A banned from San Antonio airport over alleged 'legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior'

By Janine Puhak Fox News
Published March 22, 2019 9:33am EDT

Wayfarers passing through San Antonio International Airport will be out of luck if they’re craving Chick-fil-A's crispy chicken or waffle fries, as the city council has banned the chicken-centric chain from opening up shop in the air hub due to the company’s alleged “legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior.”

On Thursday, six members of the San Antonio City Council rejected the inclusion of Chick-fil-A from the new Food, Beverage and Retail Prime Concession Agreement for the airport, KTSA reports. The seven-year contract for concession management at the terminal is expected to create $2.1 million in revenue for the Texas city; the motion that passed gave the green light to food shops including Smoke Shack and Local Coffee.

“With this decision, the City Council reaffirmed the work our city has done to become a champion of equality and inclusion," Councilman Roberto Treviño said of the vote, as per News 4 San Antonio. "San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior."

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/chick-fil-a-banned-san-antonio-airport-legacy-lgbtq-behavior-report
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

the company’s alleged “legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior.”
Of course, there's no such legacy. The company has always employed LGBTQs without regard for their sexual behavior, and treated them with the same respect as any other employee. The company has never acted in a negative manner toward any LGBT person, whether customer or employee.

It's just that the company's founder, a devout Christian, personally believes in the authority of Scripture. Oh, the horror!