Author Topic: Doom Loop? Nearly 36% of San Francisco's Office Space is Currently Vacant  (Read 1082 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doom Loop? Nearly 36% of San Francisco's Office Space is Currently Vacant
JOHN SEXTON 4:00 PM on December 19, 2023

Ever since San Francisco hired a pricey PR firm to help improve the city’s image by placing positive spin in papers like the NY Times, you see a lot fewer articles speculating that the city is in the midst of an urban doom loop. And yet, the PR firm can’t actually stop the bad news from getting out. Case in point, the city’s commercial real estate vacancy rate just jumped up to another record high.

San Francisco’s amount of vacant office space has reached the highest level ever recorded in the city’s history.

According to preliminary fourth quarter data provided by real estate brokerage CBRE, the city’s vacancy rate ticked up nearly 2 percentage points from the previous quarter, reaching 35.9% at year-end. In September, that number was at 33.9%, which was also the previous record high…

With companies still generally giving up more space than they are taking, San Francisco is now on its 16th straight quarter of occupancy losses. But that could change next year.

Compared to where the city was prior to the pandemic, all of this is really bad.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/12/19/doom-loop-nearly-36-of-san-franciscos-office-space-is-currently-vacant-n600101
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Doom Loop? Nearly 36% of San Francisco's Office Space is Currently Vacant
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 04:54:27 pm »
No wonder REITs are tanking left or right, and right now I wouldn't even invest a penny in even the better performers. 

Back in the '90's these were bad ass as far as investment vehicles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

Re: Doom Loop? Nearly 36% of San Francisco's Office Space is Currently Vacant
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 07:16:38 pm »
The article completely skips over the cause of it all. Strange how it was only "blue cities" that were most affected by COVID...

The politicians played a major part in destroying blue cities. Until that is dealt with nothing will likely get better in those cities.