Author Topic: (Massachusetts Governor) Healey: Two-year emergency housing cost will approach $2 billion  (Read 177 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep sending those migrant buses North.

If the Feds are not going to secure the Border, it's better for the tax payers of the Border States to send the migrants elsewhere to bleed some other states' budgets.

Let the Sanctuary states and municipalities pay for their virtue signaling.

Healey: Two-year emergency housing cost will approach $2 billion
Healey: Two-year emergency housing cost will approach $2 billion

The state may be spending up to $2 billion to support emergency shelter for homeless families and migrants through the end of the next fiscal year, the Healey administration says.

By Molly Farrar   
December 19, 2023

There’s a new price tag on the mounting migrant crisis in Massachusetts. The state may be spending up to $2 billion to support emergency shelter assistance for homeless families and migrants through the end of the next fiscal year, according to a new report from the Healey administration.

The report details the administration’s plans to use $700 million worth of uncommitted, so-called escrow funds to offset the financial deficiencies in the emergency shelter system for both fiscal years.

“The current average length of stay for families in the system exceeds one year,” the report said. “That means that even with the system’s capacity level established, deficiency needs for EA are a two fiscal year problem, requiring a solution that spans FY24 and FY25.” ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.