Author Topic: Air Force general to face court-martial for sex assault, other crimes  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force general to face court-martial for sex assault, other crimes
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Dec 19, 04:57 PM

Maj. Gen. Phillip Stewart, the Air Force’s former pilot training boss, will face court-martial for an alleged sexual assault and multiple other crimes under military law, the service confirmed Tuesday.

Stewart is accused of touching an unnamed woman’s genitalia without her consent during a work trip to Altus Air Force Base, Oklahoma, in April. The two-star general also faces allegations that he tried to fly a plane after drinking during the Altus visit, and of pursuing at least one unprofessional, extramarital relationship in the spring.

Stewart plans to plead not guilty to all charges, said Keith Scherer, a defense lawyer with the firm Gagne, Scherer & Associates, who is representing the airman in the case.

Air Education and Training Command boss Lt. Gen. Brian Robinson green-lit the military trial after reviewing evidence from a preliminary hearing that began Oct. 24 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas, Air Force spokesperson Capt. Scarlett Trujillo said in an email.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/12/19/air-force-general-to-face-court-martial-for-sex-assault-other-crimes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson