Author Topic: DARPA IS DEVELOPING LASER TECHNOLOGY TO TRANSFER POWER ALL OVER THE WORLD  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DARPA IS DEVELOPING LASER TECHNOLOGY TO TRANSFER POWER ALL OVER THE WORLD
AIRPOWER, GEAR & TECH
BY WE ARE THE MIGHTY
DECEMBER 8, 2023

It was the old Air Force commercials that claimed science fiction is what they do every day, but the latest high technology to come from US military research came from the Department of Defense, or more specifically, DARPA. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the US government’s scientific and technological innovation squad, has developed an energy tech that can power machines thousands of miles away.

Power is not only the name of the game, it’s literally the name of this new laser-based technology. DARPA calls it the Persistent Optical Wireless Energy Relay, or POWER. As anyone who pays an electric bill knows, generating electricity will only get us halfway to our goal. The other half, which is just as important and essential, is delivering the power to your home, car, or the things you keep in your top drawer that you hope your parents don’t find.

When it comes to transporting energy, we often have to depend on wires that are a hundred years old. That might have been okay for the turn of the 20th century, but today, we are not just powering lights, phones, and stock tickers, we are charging phones, powering buildings and we definitely need them to power electric vehicles. The availability of efficient power transmission is what keeps the US military looking side-eyed at things like electric cars, tanks, and aircraft.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/darpa-is-developing-laser-technology-to-transfer-power-all-over-the-world/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson