Author Topic: AG Ken Pax­ton Secures Injunc­tion Stop­ping Biden Admin from Destroy­ing Vital Bor­der Barriers  (Read 594 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-secures-injunction-stopping-biden-administration-destroying-vital-border
Attor­ney Gen­er­al Ken Pax­ton Secures Injunc­tion Stop­ping Biden Admin­is­tra­tion from Destroy­ing Vital Bor­der Barriers

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has won an injunction pending appeal against the Biden administration, preventing the federal government from continuing to destroy concertina wire barriers placed by Texas in response to the historic invasion of unvetted foreign aliens into the state.

Previously, despite recognizing that the federal government had failed to enforce existing immigration law, a federal district court concluded that the Biden Administration enjoyed sovereign immunity. The judge allowed Border Patrol agents to resume the destruction of Texas-owned barriers. Attorney General Paxton immediately appealed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, which concluded that the federal government was not immune from suit and enjoined Biden’s border agents from damaging, destroying, or otherwise interfering with Texas’s concertina wire fence while the issue continues to be litigated.

“I am very pleased the appellate court has forbidden federal agents sent by the Biden administration from destroying our concertina wire fences,” said Attorney General Paxton. “Given the ongoing disaster at the southern border due to the federal government’s intentional actions, more than ever it is necessary to take every step we can to hold the line. I will continue to fight against the Biden administration’s radical policies and work to make Texas a safer, more secure place to live.”

The Office of the Attorney General and co-counsel the Texas Public Policy Foundation will continue defending Texans from the dangerous consequences of the Biden administration’s open borders policies.

To read the injunction, click here.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 02:08:25 pm by Elderberry »

Offline mountaineer

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
BREAKING: A divided Supreme Court will allow Border Patrol agents to cut razor wire that Texas installed on the U.S.-Mexico border, while a lawsuit over the wire continues.

The justices, by a 5-4 vote, have legalized, at least temporarily, the invasion of Texas and America.

Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh would have rejected the Biden government's request.
3:23 PM · Jan 22, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

More: The vote was 5-4 with Coney-Barrett and Roberts joining their liberal colleagues.

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1749524984064798733

Offline DefiantMassRINO

But what about razor wire deployed parallel to the border on state / non-Federal land?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is what concerns me. The Constitution give the FedGov plenary power over border enforcement.

What it doesn't deal with is does it have plenary power over border non-enforcement, and does it then fall to the States to protect their border in lieu of that? The question has never been answered because the Founders never conceived that the FedGov would refuse to enforce it's own borders.

I fear that the SCOTUS will not rule in favor of the States on this one.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Arizona built a shipping container wall.
Texas built buoy walls and razor wires.
The Biden administration sued both states and forced them to remove it.
The only time Joe Biden takes action on the invasion is to block states from stopping it.
5:08 PM · Jan 22, 2024