Author Topic: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president  (Read 6064 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George
@BehizyTweets
·
1h
I live in Colorado and I plan to vote for Donald Trump, if his name does NOT appear on the 2024 Primary ballot, I will be suing the entire state of Colorado for violating my rights

I expect a swift reversal of this nonsense ruling by the US Supreme Court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Even if the USSC vacates this ruling Trump will still lose Colorado to DeSantis.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
From my understanding each state has their own laws regarding elections and as long as they are in compliance with federal laws the states cannot be overruled.

That is 100% correct @libertybele and Article II of the federal constitution (Supreme law of the land) lays out clearly who is entitled to run for president. Any state who ignores that is in violation of federal law.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

That is 100% correct @libertybele and Article II of the federal constitution (Supreme law of the land) lays out clearly who is entitled to run for president. Any state who ignores that is in violation of federal law.

Thank you for further clarification @Bigun
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Guess I'm wondering where a State court can rule on something Federal.

Can they in turn rule on the Voting Rights Act?
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

So....these deadlines are problematic??? At the end of the day when all is said and done, I foresee Roberts ruling with CO and against Trump.

The 4-3 ruling will be placed on hold until January 4, pending Trump’s appeal to the US Supreme Court, which could settle the matter for the nation.

The state Supreme Court decision only applies to Colorado, but the historic ruling will roil the 2024 presidential campaign. Colorado election officials have said the matter needs to be settled by January 5, which is the statutory deadline to set the list of candidates for the GOP primary scheduled for March 5.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Could be reversed on the basis that the USC deems that all states shall be Republics. It's a stretch...

Offline Hoodat

I must have missed the trial.  You know, all that due process stuff.

Speaking of . . .

Amendment XIV

Section 1

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The Colorado State Supreme Court is in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

From my understanding each state has their own laws regarding elections and as long as they are in compliance with federal laws the states cannot be overruled.

This decision is far worse than anyone here has noted so far.  The ruling is in regard to a party's primary election - not the Presidential election.  The Colorado Supreme Court is interfering with a political party's primary process that may or may not have any bearing on a Presidential election.   And there is NOTHING in the Constitution that gives any judge the right to decide who can or cannot run in a party primary.  If they wanted to allow the King of England on the ballot, it is 100% within their right to do so.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This decision is far worse than anyone here has noted so far.  The ruling is in regard to a party's primary election - not the Presidential election.  The Colorado Supreme Court is interfering with a political party's primary process that may or may not have any bearing on a Presidential election.   And there is NOTHING in the Constitution that gives any judge the right to decide who can or cannot run in a party primary.  If they wanted to allow the King of England on the ballot, it is 100% within their right to do so.

I mostly agree with that @Hoodat as long as such candidates meet the criteria set forth in Article II. The King of England is not eligible.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

I mostly agree with that @Hoodat as long as such candidates meet the criteria set forth in Article II. The King of England is not eligible.

There is nothing in the Constitution that prevents a political party from putting the name of the King of England on that party's primary ballot.  A primary election does not elect anyone to government office.  Thus, the government can butt out.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There is nothing in the Constitution that prevents a political party from putting the name of the King of England on that party's primary ballot.  A primary election does not elect anyone to government office.  Thus, the government can butt out.

The Constitution clearly lays out the qualifications for a presidential candidate. There is no reference to political parties that I have ever seen but those rules apply in all cases.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

The Constitution clearly lays out the qualifications for a presidential candidate. There is no reference to political parties that I have ever seen but those rules apply in all cases.

Uh, no.  The Constitution lays out the qualifications for a President.  It says nothing about political party elections.  The Colorado Republican primary does not elect a President.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Speaking of . . .

Amendment XIV

Section 1

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The Colorado State Supreme Court is in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Yep!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sharyl Attkisson 🕵️‍♂️💼🥋
@SharylAttkisson
·
13m
From @VivekGRamaswamy

I pledge to withdraw from the Colorado GOP primary unless Trump is also allowed to be on the state’s ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr

Every American should be troubled by the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to remove President Trump from the ballot.

10:20 PM · Dec 19, 2023

And ......

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 04:34:30 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Vivek:  I pledge to withdraw from the Colorado GOP primary ballot until Trump is also allowed to be on the ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley do the same immediately - or else they are tacitly endorsing this illegal maneuver which will have disastrous consequences for our country. (Video)

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1737290316527370495

Offline Hoodat

The irony here is that the reason the RNC pushed Colorado to reinstate the primary in 2016 is because Trump lost to Cruz.  Now Trump is unhappy with the primary.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Why Trump Supporters Have Declared War On Colorado's Republican Party

Megan Verlee  |  APRIL 15, 2016  |  10:45 AM ET

Donald Trump's Colorado supporters are gathering at the state capital Friday to make some noise about a political process they say has left them voiceless. The backlash from Trump's supporters has included thousands of voicemails and texts a day to the state Republican Party's chairman, some threatening, after his phone number was leaked online.

The protest comes in response to last weekend's state assembly, where Texas Sen. Ted Cruz succeeded in locking up all of the state's 34 open Republican National Convention delegates, shutting Trump out of all but a handful of alternate slots.

Those results appeared to catch the Republican front-runner by surprise:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/719326834538778625

https://www.npr.org/2016/04/15/474342275/why-trump-supporters-have-declared-war-on-colorados-republican-party

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Chip Roy
@chiproytx

Removing Trump from the ballot in Colorado under this theory is spurious, likely unconstitutional,  & a sadly predictable, but outrageous form of lawfare.  SCOTUS should end this.

6:58 PM · Dec 19, 2023

Who's the candidate, Rob? 

Ron DeSantis
@RonDeSantis

The Left invokes “democracy” to justify its use of power, even if it means abusing judicial power to remove a candidate from the ballot based on spurious legal grounds.  SCOTUS should reverse.

9:22 PM · Dec 19, 2023

Offline Hoodat

Chip Roy
@chiproytx

Removing Trump from the ballot in Colorado under this theory is spurious, likely unconstitutional,  & a sadly predictable, but outrageous form of lawfare.  SCOTUS should end this.

6:58 PM · Dec 19, 2023

Weren't you just bashing Chip Roy here:

Nah.   Believe it or not, no one knows or cares who Chip Roy is.  :laugh:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not only is this a precedent setting ruling against a litigant who hasn't even been charged.  Co Supreme court members should be sweating whether their ruling might encroach as impeachable, oon their part.

Putting out rulings that are crazily outside 100% of the basic tenants of law?  If Trump wins, I hope he sics his DOJ on them , to investigate what level of influence was applied, and from where. 

When our courts start disqualifying candidates for what appears to be ideology?  We're through as a nation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

When our courts start disqualifying candidates for what appears to be ideology?  We're through as a nation.

The commentators at MSNBC are giddy over this. But what they celebrate today, they’ll lament tomorrow
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 05:45:32 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy