Author Topic: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president  (Read 6061 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
·
12m
Someone might want to let the Colorado Supreme Court know that President Trump has not been convicted of insurrection. We are quickly heading towards a constitutional crisis. Every Republican must condemn this kangaroo court and its decision.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
·
7m
This Colorado ruling is pretty much the darkest day in American history when it comes to democracy.

If we lose our ability to choose our own President, why the hell would anyone still live here?
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This will be interesting, especially from a Federalist perspective.

America does not have national/Federal elections.  We have state elections for Federal offices.

This ruling applies to a state Primary ballot.  Political parties are private organizations.

Can the US Supreme Court overrule on a state court ruling, for a state secretary of state determination of the eligibility of a canidate's name to appear on a state ballot, for a private political party's nomination?

Does the Federal Government have power over who is eligibile to be on a state primary ballot, or, are state primary elections the exclusive domain of the states, or the people, under the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution?

This is quite a thorny states rights conundrum.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
·
8m
Watch the liberals right now.

Watch their response to this Colorado case about President Trump.

They are perfectly happy to throw him off the ballot for no legitimate reason.

These fascists don’t care about democracy in the least.

The mask is off. These people are vile scum.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
41m
I have a question for the idiotic Colorado Supreme Court. Has President Trump been convicted of any federal crime?  Yes or No.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This will be interesting, especially from a Federalist perspective.

America does not have national/Federal elections.  We have state elections for Federal offices.

This ruling applies to a state Primary ballot.  Political parties are private organizations.

Can the US Supreme Court overrule on a state court ruling, for a state secretary of state determination of the eligibility of a canidate's name to appear on a state ballot, for a private political party's nomination?

Does the Federal Government have power over who is eligibile to be on a state primary ballot, or, are state primary elections the exclusive domain of the states, or the people, under the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution?

This is quite a thorny states rights conundrum.

:pondering: Very good points...but wouldn't Trump have to been convicted of an insurrection for them to apply this law?
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sharyl Attkisson 🕵️‍♂️💼🥋
@SharylAttkisson
·
13m
From @VivekGRamaswamy

I pledge to withdraw from the Colorado GOP primary unless Trump is also allowed to be on the state’s ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jesse Watters
@JesseBWatters
·
32m
The Colorado Supreme Court finds Trump guilty of a crime he hasn’t been charged with. Primetime has everything you need to know and Trump’s reaction- tonight at 8 pm ET.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
·
33s
The Colorado Supreme Court just ruled Donald Trump is disqualified from the ballot — and from holding office — under the 14th Amendment.

Accountability for inciting an insurrection.

It’s about time.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jake Novak
@jakejakeny
·
30m
The CO case will go straight to SCOTUS, which is just what the Dems want. They’ll use Trump to ignite fury at the court. It’s a win/win for them. Either the court blocks Trump or it doesn’t & violent protests come, & we get a riotous election disruption.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
A take no one will like:

1. I think Trump committed insurrection, but he hasn’t been convicted of insurrection yet. So this doesn’t seem right.

2. Because this “insurrectionist ban” is vague, untested, & may not even apply to the presidency, SCOTUS should & will unanimously (9-0) overrule this decision.

3. What the Colorado Supreme Court just did will strengthen Trump politically.

4. The best and ONLY way to defeat Trump is at the ballot box, not to kick him off the ballot. Defeat him at the ballot box. That’s what’s best for the country.
6:30 PM · Dec 19, 2023
·
 Views
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz
@tedcruz
·
4m
This ruling is garbage.

This WILL be appealed to the Supreme Court & the Supreme Court WILL reverse it.

To every Dem & media outlet saying “save Democracy,” this is a test:

Will you denounce these partisan judges trying to PREVENT THE VOTERS from choosing the next President?
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This ruling is garbage.

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BNO News
@BNONews
·
1h
BREAKING: Trump campaign says Colorado ruling "completely flawed," appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Daniel Baldwin
@baldwin_daniel_
·
37m
Let's repeat this again: the Colorado STATE Supreme Court just decided that Pres. Trump is guilty of a federal crime he has not been charged with.

Thus he must be removed from the ballot.

Why?

Joe Biden's on the ropes...and Trump was gearing up for the KO blow.

That's why.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
They impeached Trump twice.

Indicted him 4 times.

Charged him 91 times.

And now they are trying to remove him from the ballot.

In spite of all that, Trump’s poll numbers are currently the highest they’ve ever been in the history of his political career.

There is nothing the Deep State can do to stop this man short of destroying democracy itself.

The man is unstoppable.
6:43 PM · Dec 19, 2023
·
 Views
See similar posts
🇺🇸 The Briefing Room 🇺🇸 🇮🇱

Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who has jurisdiction to rule if someone is disqualified from a state ballot and a Federal office for insurrection against the Federal Government?

Who determines eligibility to hold Federal office?  Is it the state and the people of that state who decide the Constitutional eligibility of a candidate to represent the state and its people in the Federal Government?

Does the Constitution explciity give the Federal Government authority to make such a determination, or, does that power belong to the states and the people by virtue of the 10th Amendment?

Federal office holders represent a state and its people.  The states and the people of the states have the power to determine who represents them in Federal Government.  The Federal Government cannot decide who represents the states and the people in the Federal Government because that power only belongs to the states.

The Federal Government can only exercise those powers explicitly provided it by the states and the people via the Constitution.

The Constitution is an agreement among the states and the people to form a Government.  The states and the people decide who holds the Federal offices of President, Vice-President, Senator, and Representative.  The Federal Government cannot select for itself who holds those offices as only the states and the people have that power.

This is going to be an exercise in Federalist civics.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senator Thom Tillis
@SenThomTillis
It’s outrageous to see left-wing activists make a mockery of our political system by scheming with partisan state officials to remove presidential candidates from the ballot. That’s why I’ll be introducing legislation to stop this nonsense and ensure any constitutional challenges go to the sole place they belong: the U.S. Supreme Court. https://tillis.senate.gov/2023/12/tillis
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
They impeached Trump twice.

Indicted him 4 times.

Charged him 91 times.

And now they are trying to remove him from the ballot.

In spite of all that, Trump’s poll numbers are currently the highest they’ve ever been in the history of his political career.

There is nothing the Deep State can do to stop this man short of destroying democracy itself.

The man is unstoppable.
6:43 PM · Dec 19, 2023
·
 Views
See similar posts
🇺🇸 The Briefing Room 🇺🇸 🇮🇱

They WILL stop him no matter what it takes but they won't like what results.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 01:02:39 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Who has jurisdiction to rule if someone is disqualified from a state ballot and a Federal office for insurrection against the Federal Government?

Who determines eligibility to hold Federal office?  Is it the state and the people of that state who decide the Constitutional eligibility of a candidate to represent the state and its people in the Federal Government?

Does the Constitution explciity give the Federal Government authority to make such a determination, or, does that power belong to the states and the people by virtue of the 10th Amendment?

Federal office holders represent a state and its people.  The states and the people of the states have the power to determine who represents them in Federal Government.  The Federal Government cannot decide who represents the states and the people in the Federal Government because that power only belongs to the states.

The Federal Government can only exercise those powers explicitly provided it by the states and the people via the Constitution.

The Constitution is an agreement among the states and the people to form a Government.  The states and the people decide who holds the Federal offices of President, Vice-President, Senator, and Representative.  The Federal Government cannot select for itself who holds those offices as only the states and the people have that power.

This is going to be an exercise in Federalist civics.
WTFU @DefiantMassRINO ! This entire ruling is based on a complete misconstruction of the U. S. Constitution!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
11m
33 years as a civil rights/constitutional lawyer. I am 100% certain the idiotic Colorado Supreme Court decision barring Trump to appear on the ballot will be reversed by the United States Supreme Court. I challenge any lawyer in this country to dispute my opinion!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
36m
The Colorado Supreme Court ruling to keep a former President from running of office who hasn't been convicted of ANYTHING is the kind of government our founding fathers warned us about..

Buckle Up, Get some food, protect your families.. Chaos is coming.. God Help our Nation..
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does the United States Constitution give the Supreme Court, or any Federal institution, the power to rule who appears on state ballots for state elections for Federal office?