Author Topic: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president  (Read 6151 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2023, 07:17:20 am »
Pretty sure Trump wins this at the Supreme Court, as he should.

Damn Democrats are just handing him the nomination with this crap, though.

Offline LMAO

Re: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2023, 07:18:41 am »
Pretty sure Trump wins this at the Supreme Court, as he should.

Damn Democrats are just handing him the nomination with this crap, though.

What  if the Supreme Court upholds the Colorado Supreme Court decision? There is a possibility they might.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2023, 07:19:57 am »
Sharyl Attkisson 🕵️‍♂️💼🥋
@SharylAttkisson
·
13m
From @VivekGRamaswamy

I pledge to withdraw from the Colorado GOP primary unless Trump is also allowed to be on the state’s ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately.

I hope Vivek has a good set of high-quality kneepads. 

And a lot of mouthwash.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 07:21:01 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2023, 07:21:40 am »
What  if the Supreme Court upholds the Colorado Supreme Court decision? There is a possibility they might.

Well, then you'd likely see more states follow suit.  But they won't uphold it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2023, 07:25:30 am »
The GOP primary is a mess

I don’t think anybody who wins the Republican nomination this year is going to be president
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2023, 12:57:01 pm »
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
If you want to understand why the Colorado Supreme Court handed down this insanely horrible decision, all one has to do is look at the make up of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2023, 02:28:34 pm »
Maddow: If SCOTUS Sides with Colorado, Trump Could Be Disqualified in Multiple States

MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow said Tuesday on “The ReidOut” that if the Supreme Court upholds the ruling of the Colorado Supreme Court that former President Donald Trump is not eligible to appear on the state’s ballot, he could be taken off the ballot in multiple states.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/19/maddow-if-scotus-sides-with-colorado-trump-could-be-disqualified-in-multiple-states/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2023, 02:32:39 pm »
 Trump's ballot battle: States that could block him after Colorado bombshell
Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is ineligible to be president

Former President Donald Trump was ruled ineligible to be president under the 14th Amendment by the Colorado Supreme Court on Tuesday, but Colorado may not be the last state to rule against Trump.

With several lawsuits from liberal groups and an expected appeal from the Trump campaign to the Supreme Court on the Colorado ruling, the former president's eligibility for the 2024 ballot is far from a settled matter. Here are the other states where legal challenges regarding Trump's eligibility could threaten his chances of appearing on the 2024 ballot.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-ballot-battle-14th-amendment-states-block-former-president-2024
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2023, 02:33:15 pm »
Maddow: If SCOTUS Sides with Colorado, Trump Could Be Disqualified in Multiple States

MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow said Tuesday on “The ReidOut” that if the Supreme Court upholds the ruling of the Colorado Supreme Court that former President Donald Trump is not eligible to appear on the state’s ballot, he could be taken off the ballot in multiple states.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/19/maddow-if-scotus-sides-with-colorado-trump-could-be-disqualified-in-multiple-states/

If SCOTUS upholds this lunacy the USA is a dead letter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2023, 02:49:17 pm »
The irony here is that the reason the RNC pushed Colorado to reinstate the primary in 2016 is because Trump lost to Cruz.  Now Trump is unhappy with the primary.

Trump is not unhappy with the primary system.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2023, 02:51:18 pm »
Trump is not unhappy with the primary system.

?????

I guess you were sleeping in 2016, after Iowa
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2023, 02:53:17 pm »
‘This is dead wrong’: Turley blasts ‘fundamentally flawed’ ruling by Colorado court barring Trump from ballot
December 19, 2023 | Harold Hutchison

George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley blasted the Colorado Supreme Court’s ruling on Tuesday that barred former President Donald Trump from the state’s presidential ballot.

The court ruled Trump was disqualified from appearing on the ballot in the 2024 election in a 4-3 decision.

“It puts this on the rocket docket for the Supreme Court,” Turley told “Hannity” guest host Kayleigh McEnany, a former White House press secretary in the Trump administration.

“They’ve got to get involved first of all because there’s not much time to make a final decision and also have to get involved because this is dead wrong,” Turley added. “I think they are dead wrong on the law. I just published a piece in Georgetown for this theory. I think it’s fundamentally flawed, both in terms of the language of the Constitution and the history.”

https://rumble.com/embed/v3zn0yh/?pub=4

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/12/19/this-is-dead-wrong-turley-blasts-fundamentally-flawed-ruling-by-colorado-court-barring-trump-from-ballot-1421290/
Support the USO

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2023, 02:53:27 pm »
?????

I guess you were sleeping in 2016, after Iowa

Follow the conversation or step out of it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2023, 04:39:50 pm »
Follow the conversation or step out of it.

STFU....You were the one making the blanket statement that DJT had no problem with the primary system.

Just another one of your patented lies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2023, 04:44:48 pm »
I hate Trumpy just as much as the next guy.  But The CO SC is like the toilet in Cousin Eddies RV, the shitter is full.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2023, 04:47:11 pm »
I hate Trumpy just as much as the next guy.  But The CO SC is like the toilet in Cousin Eddies RV, the shitter is full.

Top Notch, and spot on.

« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2023, 05:52:56 pm »
Michael Tracey
@mtracey

Not only is the Secretary of State barred from putting Trump's name on the ballot, she is barred from counting any write-in votes for Trump. So the Colorado Supreme Court is compelling the state's top election official to *invalidate* thousands and thousands of legally-cast votes

10:31 PM · Dec 19, 2023

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2023, 06:02:37 pm »
Colorado Supreme Court Relies on January 6 Committee for ‘Insurrection’ Claim

The Colorado Supreme Court cited the January 6 Committee, among other highly partisan sources, in arriving at its conclusion Tuesday that former President Donald Trump had committed “insurrection” and was therefore ineligible for the 2024 ballot.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/20/colorado-supreme-court-relies-on-january-6-committee-for-insurrection-claim/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2023, 06:10:34 pm »
Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman
·
2h
The Colorado case showed that Democrats are terrified of democracy.

The RNC has filed briefs in court to fight this exact kind of interference in Minnesota and Michigan, where our arguments have been successful.

We will continue fighting this case up to the Supreme Court.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2023, 06:17:41 pm »
Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
·
15h
Trump blocked from the ballot in Colorado. When a court in another country disqualifies an opposition candidate from running, we say, “That’s not a real democracy.” Now it’s happening here.
Support the USO

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2023, 06:32:13 pm »
Not only is this a precedent setting ruling against a litigant who hasn't even been charged.  Co Supreme court members should be sweating whether their ruling might encroach as impeachable, oon their part.

Putting out rulings that are crazily outside 100% of the basic tenants of law?  If Trump wins, I hope he sics his DOJ on them , to investigate what level of influence was applied, and from where. 

When our courts start disqualifying candidates for what appears to be ideology?  We're through as a nation.

I don't think there really needed to be any outside pressure on those justices. The Supreme Court was 7-0 Democrat appointees, and the majority likely had their own biases.

What is more noteworthy is that it was only a 4-3 decision, and one of the Democrat appointees filed an absolutely blistering dissent attacking the decision.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO