Author Topic: Colorado Supreme Court rules Trump is disqualified from serving as president  (Read 6158 times)

Online mountaineer

Colorado Supreme Court had just ruled that Donald Trump is disqualified from serving as president

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1737251053580496932

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Link to CNN story: https://t.co/6UEgoEo6HX

CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk
Colorado Supreme Court removes Trump from 2024 ballot in a stunning decision. The ruling will be placed on hold pending appeal until January 4.

Offline roamer_1

He'll win on appeal.

Online mountaineer

Joel Pollak
@joelpollak
This is the future of "justice" when the left takes over. There is no democracy, only rule of The Party. This bogus judgment actually refers to the January 6 Committee -- a Stalinist show trial that destroyed its evidence -- for the "factual" basis for its findings. Total joke.
6:23 PM · Dec 19, 2023

Online LMAO

He hasn't been convicted of anything. On what basis did they make their ruling?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He'll win on appeal.
Yup.  The guy maybe the biggest douchebag in the history of modern man, but a douchebag is not a bug, it is a feature to the Trump pansies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
The Colorado Supreme Court just removed Donald Trump from the ballot under the 14th amendment.
Even after a lower court judge in Denver who was a longtime Democrat donor ruled against.
Because "Democracy" is when a handful of partisan judges prevent people from being able to vote for who they want.
6:19 PM · Dec 19, 2023

Greg Price
@greg_price11
The section of the 14th amendment that they cite was created to stop former Confederate officials from holding office in the U.S.
They claim Trump committed insurrection even though he wasn't even charged with it by Jack Smith.
Fully insane.
6:21 PM · Dec 19, 2023

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1737253575300968596
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 11:35:08 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Lando Lincoln

I must have missed the trial.  You know, all that due process stuff.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 11:41:59 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

Yup.  The guy maybe the biggest douchebag in the history of modern man, but a douchebag is not a bug, it is a feature to the Trump pansies.

:laugh: :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online LMAO

I must have missed the trial.  You know, all that due process stuff.

I can't see this sticking
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elise Stefanik
@EliseStefanik
Four partisan Democrat operatives on the Colorado Supreme Court think they get to decide for all Coloradans and Americans the next presidential election. This is unAmerican and Democrats are so afraid that President Trump will win on Nov 5th 2024 that they are illegally attempting to take him off the ballot. Like the rest of the unprecedented, constant, and illegal election interference against President Trump, this will backfire and further strengthen President Trump’s winning campaign to Save America.
Support the USO

Offline corbe

They'll just rule he doesn't have standing since he's not a resident of Colorado.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vivek Ramaswamy
@VivekGRamaswamy
This is what an *actual* attack on democracy looks like: in an un-American, unconstitutional, and *unprecedented* decision, a cabal of Democrat judges are barring Trump from the ballot in Colorado. Having tried every trick in the book to eliminate President Trump from running in this election, the bipartisan Establishment is now deploying a new tactic to bar him from ever holding office again: the 14th Amendment. I pledge to *withdraw* from the Colorado GOP primary unless Trump is also allowed to be on the state’s ballot, and I demand that Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, and Nikki Haley to do the same immediately - or else they are tacitly endorsing this illegal maneuver which will have disastrous consequences for our country.

Today’s decision is the latest election interference tactic to silence political opponents and swing the election for whatever puppet the Democrats put up this time by depriving Americans of the right to vote for their candidate of choice.

The 14th Amendment was part of the “Reconstruction Amendments” that were ratified following the Civil War. It was passed to prohibit former Confederate military and political leaders from holding high federal or state office. These men had clearly taken part in a rebellion against the United States: the Civil War. That makes it all the more absurd that a left-wing group in Colorado is asking a federal court to disqualify the 45th President on the same grounds, equating his speech to rebellion against the United States.

And there’s another legal problem: Trump is not a former “officer of the United States,” as that term is used in the Constitution, meaning Section 3 does not apply. As the Supreme Court explained in Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (2010), an “officer of the United States” is someone appointed by the President to aid him in his duties under Article II, Section 2. The term does not apply to elected officials, and certainly not to the President himself.

The Framers of the 14th Amendment would be appalled to see this narrow provision—intended to bar former U.S. officials who switched to the Confederacy from seeking public office—being weaponized by a sitting President and his political allies to prevent a former President from seeking reelection. Our country is becoming unrecognizable to our Founding Fathers.
5:56 PM · Dec 19, 2023
·
 Views
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Trump
@EricTrump
·
17m
Prediction: This Colorado decision will add 5%+ points to @realDonaldTrump
 already runaway polls.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Trump
@EricTrump
·
42m
Let’s not worry about Democracy or the will of the American people… If you can’t win, cheat… This is unAmerican and the typical playbook of the modern democratic party.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Mannarino
@JoeyMannarinoUS
Seven unelected justices on the Colorado Supreme Court just decided that the people of Colorado cannot vote for President Donald Trump in 2024.

How in the world is this happening in a country that claims to be a "democracy"?

We are no better than Russia with these kangaroo courts.

Donald Trump has NEVER been found guilty of inciting an insurrection.

This entire case is A SCAM!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ben & Candy Carson
@RealBenCarson
Colorado just decided to disenfranchise the people of their state by choosing to remove Donald Trump from the ballot.

A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take away your right to choose your President. But We the People will not allow it. I stand with my friend President Donald J Trump! @realDonaldTrump
Support the USO

Online cato potatoe

Aaaand the rest of the GOP flocks to his defense, nominating the only fool who can lose to Biden.  Played, like a fiddle.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
excerpt:

14th Amendment cases state of play

By the numbers: Six cases related to the clause have already been dismissed, including in Minnesota, New Hampshire, two in Michigan and another two in Florida, per legal analysis by nonprofit publication Lawfare.

Six cases were voluntarily withdrawn in Idaho, Utah, Oklahoma, Maine, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.
    Several remain pending, including two in New York, in Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Kansas, Wisconsin, Vermont, Massachusetts, Virginia, South Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware, Connecticut and New Jersey.

Zoom in: A Michigan judge ruled Tuesday that Trump could stay on the state's ballot for the 2024 presidential election.

Last week, the Minnesota Supreme Court dismissed a legal challenge seeking to block him from the state's presidential primary ballots.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/11/16/trump-efforts-disqualify-2024-ballot-14th-amendment
Support the USO

Offline corbe

DeSantis was bound to win Colorado anyway, Cruz did.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.