Author Topic: Chip Roy a RINO? Really?! [Trump's mad at him]  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Chip Roy a RINO? Really?! [Trump's mad at him]
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2023, 04:55:33 am »
She is now reposting Chip Roy's tweets.  What a hypocrite!

Chip Roy
@chiproytx

Removing Trump from the ballot in Colorado under this theory is spurious, likely unconstitutional,  & a sadly predictable, but outrageous form of lawfare.  SCOTUS should end this.

6:58 PM · Dec 19, 2023
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2023, 05:11:10 am »
Fantastic article that makes a great point.  Not only about Trump himself, but how most of his supporters will gladly hop on the train to destroy any conservative who doesn't lick his boots.

Only in MAGA world is Chip Roy a RINO.

Considering Tump was a democrat not too long ago, he's got balls calling Roy a RINO.

I am really getting tired of Trump's daily antics.  I'd call him a clown, but that would be disrespectful to that profession.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2023, 05:14:12 am »
Most conservatives know exactly who Chip Roy is.

Well, I'm sure you know him better than I do @deb   I did find this info a little surprising ---- more Uniparty than conservative or even republican  :shrug:

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Here are some fun facts about @chiproytx:

-he called for the impeachment of the best attorney general in America, @KenPaxtonTX

-he voted to certify the 2020 election

-he defended Liz Cheney after she voted to impeach Trump

10:34 AM · Dec 19, 2023

Jason Robertson
@JRobFromMN

After people were talking about his voting record today I was trying to find one consequential vote he ever made.

For Example, when there were 20 opposing naming Speaker McCarthy, he was one of them.  When it dropped to a handful and his vote would made a difference, he quit opposing.

I am open to being proven wrong, but I'm having a hard time finding any information to the contrary.

4:22 PM · Dec 19, 2023

But, he does seem to be a nice, rational man of the people. 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 05:20:25 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2023, 05:18:51 am »
What do you call DeSantis, who calls the *voters* who do not prefer him "listless vessels" --- a strategic genius?   :laugh:

Sorry, but a good number of Trump supporters are "listless vessels"

Example...Watch Southpark?  MAGA rallies are full of Uncle Jimbos who shout U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A.  right after Trump tells them that he's going to sponsor $15T of their tax dollars toward Freedom Cities.

This comment may be considered condescending, heartless and rude, but I don't give a shit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 05:34:20 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2023, 05:31:50 am »

Necessarily. They are not founded in principle, and cannot be.

Online LMAO

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2023, 05:35:39 am »
Considering Tump was a democrat not too long ago, he's got balls calling Roy a RINO.

Hell, he was donating to Democrat’s political campaigns not that terribly long ago
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2023, 07:26:57 am »
You taliking to me, or about me, coward?

@Maj. Bill Martin

In that instance, about you rather than to you.  Because talking to you about criticisms of Trump is pointless because you never address them.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2023, 07:29:12 am »

Example...Watch Southpark?  MAGA rallies are full of Uncle Jimbos who shout U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A.  right after Trump tells them that he's going to sponsor $15T of their tax dollars toward Freedom Cities.

This comment may be considered condescending, heartless and rude, but I don't give a shit.

Nor should you.  Truth hurts sometimes, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be spoken.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2023, 01:46:50 pm »
In that instance, about you rather than to you.  Because talking to you about criticisms of Trump is pointless because you never address them.

Nailed it.  She is the absolute "Queen of Deflection". Almost has made a science out of it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2023, 02:52:32 pm »

Nope.  I address them --- you just don't like my answers. Too bad, coward.

Online LMAO

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2023, 03:11:27 pm »

Well, perhaps you can address these criticisms of Trump from me yesterday instead of making snarky comments and storming away like a modern day American college student:

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,519563.msg2951829.html#new

Great!!

Now for the real record outside of this fantasy. Rhetoric versus reality.

Nearly 8 trillion added onto our debt in the shortest amount of time than any other president before him. Kaching!!

Trillions of dollars printed with his approval and sent out into the economy laying in the groundwork for inflation. Kaching!!

Over $100 trillion in unfunded liabilities for the so-called entitlement programs which Donald Trump has shown no interest in addressing. Kaching!

Tariffs that ended up costing the economy, especially farmers that needed to be bailed out under his watch. Kaching!!

Promising more spending without any realistic way to pay for it should he be re elected. Kaching!!

Handed over control of the economy to healthcare bureaucrats. Kaching!

Tried to pressure the federal reserve to bring interest rates to zero or negative which would punish saving. Kaching!!

Said  a few years ago that we’ll never default because we can print our currency to prevent default, which has never worked. Kaching!!

Inherited economy that was growing and left it in shambles when he left office. Kaching!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 03:16:09 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2023, 03:33:56 pm »

But, he does seem to be a nice, rational man of the people. 

I’m certain he appreciates the compliment from you.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2023, 03:48:51 pm »
Here’s the saddest part of Trump calling Chip Roy a ‘RINO’ for supporting DeSantis

by Timothy P. Carney, Senior Columnist
December 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) is one of the most conservative members of Congress, not simply by the Reagan-era definition of conservative. He is a social conservative, a border hawk, and a fiscal conservative, and he has the fighting spirit of the current Republican Party.

Roy has voted with President Joe Biden 0% of the time. He has been perhaps the loudest voice calling for better enforcement of the border. He also happens to support conservative Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) for president, and so now, according to former President Donald Trump, he’s a “RINO,” or a “Republican in Name Only.”

When I came to Washington in 2000, the RINOs were Lincoln Chafee, Jim Jeffords, Arlen Specter, Susan Collins, and Olympia Snowe: elected Republican officials who voted against their party regularly on tax cuts, abortion, and gun control — the three big matters of the day.

The definition of “RINO” steadily expanded and was diluted, as all neologisms tend to. In 2006, a conservative journalist handed me a “RINO Hunter” pin, and he defined “RINO” as anyone opposed to the Iraq war or “enhanced interrogation” of terrorism suspects.

If Trump’s use of the term “RINO” means anything, it is “Republican who does not support Trump.” That is the only possible meaning.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/saddest-part-trump-calling-chip-roy-rino-supporting-desantis
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2023, 03:50:00 pm »
Chip, I feel your pain.

I'm a RINO because I called out Bush 43's expansion of Government, wars of foreign advaneture, and socialization of private loss.

When you don't blindly do the king's bidding, they call you RINO.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 03:52:01 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2023, 03:54:46 pm »
Chip, I feel your pain.

I'm a RINO because I called out Bush 43's expansion of Government, wars of foreign advaneture, and socialization of private loss.

When you don't blindly do the king's bidding, they call you RINO.

I was a RINO because I supported Ron Paul‘s campaign

Now I’m a RINO because I have a quote from Barry Goldwater on my tagline and openly admire Calvin Coolidge

The term “RINO” has become for the right what the term “racist” has become for the left. Both words can mean anything, at any time, to serve a political purpose.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 04:02:22 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2023, 03:55:00 pm »
I’m certain he appreciates the compliment from you.

I am, too. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2023, 04:19:22 pm »
Here’s the saddest part of Trump calling Chip Roy a ‘RINO’ for supporting DeSantis

by Timothy P. Carney, Senior Columnist
December 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) is one of the most conservative members of Congress, not simply by the Reagan-era definition of conservative. He is a social conservative, a border hawk, and a fiscal conservative, and he has the fighting spirit of the current Republican Party.

Roy has voted with President Joe Biden 0% of the time. He has been perhaps the loudest voice calling for better enforcement of the border. He also happens to support conservative Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) for president, and so now, according to former President Donald Trump, he’s a “RINO,” or a “Republican in Name Only.”

When I came to Washington in 2000, the RINOs were Lincoln Chafee, Jim Jeffords, Arlen Specter, Susan Collins, and Olympia Snowe: elected Republican officials who voted against their party regularly on tax cuts, abortion, and gun control — the three big matters of the day.

The definition of “RINO” steadily expanded and was diluted, as all neologisms tend to. In 2006, a conservative journalist handed me a “RINO Hunter” pin, and he defined “RINO” as anyone opposed to the Iraq war or “enhanced interrogation” of terrorism suspects.

If Trump’s use of the term “RINO” means anything, it is “Republican who does not support Trump.” That is the only possible meaning.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/saddest-part-trump-calling-chip-roy-rino-supporting-desantis

It's the Cult of Trump.  It's not "the GOP", and it damned sure isn't a principled conservative movement.

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2023, 04:34:22 pm »
Chip Roy is a conservative.  Ron DeSantis is a conservative.  Trump has bashed and insulted both of them.  Trump is a liberal narcissist whose only true ambition is seeking retribution. Taking back our country will ONLY happen with conservatives in place. Trump doesn't fit that narrative.  His policies folded.

I'd still like to know how any Trump supporter can back him when he goes after conservatives? He feels threatened by anyone who has succeeded where he has failed.  That is why he is now too cowardly to debate and tries to smear names and reputations.

Wrong, right or indifferent the leftists/marxists are never going to let him near the oval office.  The Supreme Court ruling in CO is just the latest example.

So ... all you Trump supporters who are you going to vote for when he's not the nominee?  Haley?  He's paving the way for the establishment candidate.  Trump continues to play right into the leftists' hands. If he continues down his checkered path, I believe he will cause the greatest insurrection this country has ever seen. Just what the left wants.

Think about it.  He's not out for this country. He is out for himself.  Meanwhile there are still J6 supporters who were punished or still incarcerated and he did absolutely nothing when he had the chance to help them.

Trump waited until the very last minute to try to build the wall; of course it was too late because the new DEM Congress was just about to be sworn in.

He never calmed the riots when he had a chance as promised and was more interested in his political ambition of getting re-elected.

Even though Obama shut down Fauci's research, it was started up again under Trump. Why?  He continued to listen to Fauci and backed him.

Everyone of those issues he thought of himself rather than country.  His call for Freedom Cities and being a dictator I find alarming.

No, I cannot and will not vote for him. Trump lacks integrity and credibility.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 04:35:47 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2023, 04:37:29 pm »
Chip Roy is a conservative.  Ron DeSantis is a conservative.  Trump has bashed and insulted both of them.  Trump is a liberal narcissist whose only true ambition is seeking retribution. Taking back our country will ONLY happen with conservatives in place. Trump doesn't fit that narrative.  His policies folded.

Add Cruz to that list, one of the strongest conservative voices in DC.   

Trump is the proverbial P.T. Barnum, Trojan Horsed, Snake Oil Salesman who is about to dupe the GOP into his third consecutive nomination.  It blows my mind that so many are so stupid on our side.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2023, 04:45:53 pm »

I am really getting tired of Trump's daily antics.  I'd call him a clown, but that would be disrespectful to that profession.

I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes from a co-worker in one of my first jobs from the 1970's.

"It's not that all aspects of working here are bad......  Just some things are less shitty"

That is how I view the expected 2024 general election choices.  Do we accept "Less Shitty"?  Or remain principled?

Online LMAO

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2023, 07:06:04 pm »
It's the Cult of Trump.  It's not "the GOP", and it damned sure isn't a principled conservative movement.

This is from early 2021 over the fight for Republican House leadership posts but it applies to what you’re saying

Can’t imagine Republican House Members would go with Chip Roy—he has not done a great job, and will probably be successfully primaried in his own district," Trump said in a press release. "I support Elise, by far, over Chip!"

and

Roy is without question one of the most conservative members of Congress, but he also has a contrarian streak that has at times put him at odds with the former president. Stefanik, meanwhile, cut a moderate image when she was first elected in 2014 but slowly migrated into the camp of Trump's staunchest defenders.

A day ahead of the vote, all indicators are that conservative ideology is a diminishing force among House Republicans. Instead, complete loyalty to Trump and a willingness to repeat his lies about the 2020 election are a more valued attribute in House Republican leadership.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/13/chip-roy-leadership-donald-trump/

BTW, Chip Roy won  reelection the following year with over 60% of the vote despite Trump’s, or maybe because of, Trump’s outburst

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2023, 07:10:43 pm »
That is how I view the expected 2024 general election choices.  Do we accept "Less Shitty"?  Or remain principled?

That has been the argument for thirty years.
The only answer is not to play.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2023, 07:11:01 pm »
Do Loomer and her ilk believe they are doing anything other than preaching to the already converted?  People like her, RiV, and others like them are part of the reason I refuse to vote for Trump.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 07:12:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2023, 07:16:03 pm »
Do Loomer and her ilk believe they are doing anything other than preaching to the already converted?  People like her, RiV, and others like them are part of the reason I refuse to vote for Trump.

It has certainly turned right-facing journalism into utter shit. I will not forgive that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2023, 07:48:18 pm »

Speaking of cowards, I am still waiting for you to explain how DeSantis violated Disney's constitutional rights.  Or that DeSantis lied.  Or that Cruz lied. Or that Trump has a platform on government spending.  Or . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-