Author Topic: Chip Roy a RINO? Really?! [Trump's mad at him]  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Chip Roy a RINO? Really?! [Trump's mad at him]
« on: December 19, 2023, 05:52:37 pm »
https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/12/19/chip-roy-a-rino-really-n600043

Representative Chip Roy is one of the most conservative and least accommodating Members of Congress.

Generally speaking, if there is a controversy among Republicans where some want to give in to Democrats and others want to stick to conservative principles, Roy is on the good guys’ side. You might criticize him for being inflexibly conservative, but until today I never heard a single person call him a RINO.

That’s because the “Republican” in RINO used to mean “principled conservative.” Now, apparently, it means a willingness to lick Donald Trump’s boots.

That’s because the “Republican” in RINO used to mean “principled conservative.” Now, apparently, it means a willingness to lick Donald Trump’s boots.

I keep reminding myself that Trump was a generally good, sometimes excellent president. From 2017 to 2019, he proved to have startlingly good judgment regarding public policies, especially foreign affairs. I defended him at great personal cost (losing friends and alienating family members), even though Trump often got himself into unnecessary PR messes because he can’t STFU.

Unfortunately, Trump’s kryptonite is his ego. He is truly a narcissist, and far, far too many people are willing to feed that massive ego and enable his worst instincts. And one of those instincts is to destroy anybody who doesn’t lick his boots clean after a trip through the pig pen.

Chip Roy has run afoul of Trump by choosing to endorse Ron DeSantis for president, and in return, Trump has attacked Roy as a RINO and asked for a Republican to jump into the Texas primary to take Roy out.

The filing date for the primary, by the way, has passed. It was last week. Trump couldn’t even bother to check that because, well, details. Something as silly as the rules shouldn’t get in the way.

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Chip Roy a RINO? Really?! [Trump's mad at him]
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 06:36:38 pm »
Fantastic article that makes a great point.  Not only about Trump himself, but how most of his supporters will gladly hop on the train to destroy any conservative who doesn't lick his boots.

Only in MAGA world is Chip Roy a RINO.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 06:41:12 pm »
“Chip Roy has run afoul of Trump by choosing to endorse Ron DeSantis for president, and in return, Trump has attacked Roy as a RINO and asked for a Republican to jump into the Texas primary to take Roy out.”

And there it is right there. Chip Roy prefers Ron DeSantis.

What a petty old fool Trump has become.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 07:00:54 pm »
“Chip Roy has run afoul of Trump by choosing to endorse Ron DeSantis for president, and in return, Trump has attacked Roy as a RINO and asked for a Republican to jump into the Texas primary to take Roy out.”

What do you call DeSantis, who calls the *voters* who do not prefer him "listless vessels" --- a strategic genius?   :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 07:20:37 pm »
Classic RiV response.  Never, ever address the topic of a thread about Trump.  Just change the topic.

RiV is a great example of why MAGA needs to fail.  At some point, the GOP has to be about ideas rather than a person.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 07:23:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 07:25:54 pm »

A conservative preferring a conservative.  Trump is bashing a conservative once again.  **nononono*  What a buffoon!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 07:30:43 pm »
Classic RiV response.  Never, ever address the topic of a thread about Trump.  Just change the topic.

RiV is a great example of why MAGA needs to fail.  At some point, the GOP has to be about ideas rather than a person.

What scares Trump is eventually more and more Republicans finding out that they can win their general elections without his endorsement. In fact, also eventually more Republicans finding out that the Donald Trump endorsement is the kiss of death in same general election

If Republicans win without him, then he’s diminished. If and when that happens, watch him try to form a third-party.

Chip Roy will probably go on to win his election in his district without Trump’s endorsement.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 07:47:35 pm »
What scares Trump is eventually more and more Republicans finding out that they can win their general elections without his endorsement. In fact, also eventually more Republicans finding out that the Donald Trump endorsement is the kiss of death in same general election

If Republicans win without him, then he’s diminished. If and when that happens, watch him try to form a third-party.

Chip Roy will probably go on to win his election in his district without Trump’s endorsement.

The kind of "movement" Trump has built dies the moment he's off the national political stage because he only accepts subordinates/syncophants, and those people cannot and will not inspire on their own.

It'll be just like the Perotistas.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2023, 07:49:16 pm »

You taliking to me, or about me, coward?

@Maj. Bill Martin

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2023, 07:51:05 pm »
Once again, Trump publicly promotes his greatest flaw as though it were a virtue.

Any expression other than perfect, sycophantic loyalty toward him is treated as a personal insult. 

For any on-the-fence voter trying to find a reason to support Trump, it's a constant slap in the face.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2023, 07:53:43 pm »
Once again, Trump publicly promotes his greatest flaw as though it were a virtue.

Any expression other than perfect, sycophantic loyalty toward him is treated as a personal insult. 

For any on-the-fence voter trying to find a reason to support Trump, it's a constant slap in the face.

What color is the sky in your world?   88devil

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2023, 07:55:47 pm »

:yowsa: Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2023, 08:02:22 pm »
:yowsa: Absolutely!

Nah.   Believe it or not, no one knows or cares who Chip Roy is.  :laugh:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2023, 08:04:03 pm »
What color is the sky in your world?   88devil

It's not orange.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 08:11:03 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 08:30:25 pm »

Really?? I think he represent somewhere in the neighborhood of 700,000 Texans many of whom know exactly who he is. @Right_in_Virginia

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 08:35:33 pm »
Really?? I think he represent somewhere in the neighborhood of 700,000 Texans many of whom know exactly who he is. @Right_in_Virginia

I see you’re from Texas

Is he your congressman?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2023, 08:39:09 pm »
I see you’re from Texas

Is he your congressman?

No. West of me. My Rep is Morgan Luttrell.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:45:03 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2023, 10:29:37 pm »

Most conservatives know exactly who Chip Roy is.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2023, 02:31:58 am »
   His district is 2 blocks away from me.  He is @Texas Robin 's Representative.  She has been talking to his office for 2 years.

Laura Loomer
@LauraLoomer
Hey
@tedcruz

bleep you.

Endorse Trump or get out of the way.

I know all about your sneaky dinner with Adam Laxalt in Nevada and your back channel talks with
@jeffroe

Pretty sure Trump knows too…

He’s calling you out, and everyone can see you for the RINO you are.

User!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2023, 03:11:48 am »
   His district is 2 blocks away from me.  He is @Texas Robin 's Representative.  She has been talking to his office for 2 years.

The same Loomer who claimed the stock market crash was a result of Coolidge.........when he was out of office

The ignorance of his supporters is Trump's greatest asset

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2023, 04:14:07 am »
What do you call DeSantis, who calls the *voters* who do not prefer him "listless vessels" --- a strategic genius?   :laugh:

Here is what DeSantis actually said:

f you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement.”

Sounds like @Right_in_Virginia is openly admitting that Trump voters are 'not rooted in principle'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2023, 04:15:37 am »
The ignorance of his supporters is Trump's greatest asset

Not to mention their disdain for truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2023, 04:17:52 am »

Of course.  That explains why Trump wasted a tweet on him.  Because no one knows or cares who Chip Roy is.  Yeah, right.  Do you realize how utterly stupid you sound each time you thoughtlessly blurt out the first lie that pops up in your head?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2023, 04:32:12 am »
Of course.  That explains why Trump wasted a tweet on him.  Because no one knows or cares who Chip Roy is.  Yeah, right.  Do you realize how utterly stupid you sound each time you thoughtlessly blurt out the first lie that pops up in your head?

What I was going to say...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....