Author Topic: Pentagon announces international mission to counter attacks in Red Sea  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon announces international mission to counter attacks in Red Sea
By Tara Copp and Lolita C. Baldor, The Associated Press
 Dec 18, 05:33 PM

Editor’s note: This story was updated at 8:05 p.m. EST.

MANAMA, Bahrain — The U.S. and a host of other nations are creating a new force to protect ships transiting the Red Sea that have come under attack by drones and ballistic missiles fired from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin announced early Tuesday in Bahrain.

The seriousness of the attacks, several of which have damaged the vessels, has led multiple shipping companies to order their ships to hold in place and not enter the Bab el-Mandeb Strait until the security situation can be addressed.

The U.S. military’s Central Command reported two more of the attacks on commercial vessels Monday. A strike by attack drone and ballistic missile hit a tanker off Yemen, at roughly the same time a cargo ship reported an explosive detonating in the water near them, the military said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2023/12/18/pentagon-announces-international-mission-to-counter-attacks-in-red-sea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon announces international mission to counter attacks in Red Sea
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 05:32:23 pm »
Pentagon announces international mission 

International mission = US alone. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson