Author Topic: Special Operations News – December 18, 2023  (Read 182 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special Operations News – December 18, 2023
« on: December 19, 2023, 05:13:01 pm »
SPECIAL OPERATIONS NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD

Special Operations News – December 18, 2023

SOF News
More SOF Helicopters. The U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command (USASOAC) has awarded Boeing a substantial contract to manufacture six remanufactured MH-47G Block II aircraft. “US Special Forces to receive additional MH-47G helicopters”, Defense Blog, December 12, 2023.

RIP. Retired USAF Chief Master Sgt Alan T. Yoshida, a combat controller who was awarded the Silver Star as one of the original “Horse Soldiers” that routed the Taliban in 2001, died on Dec. 9 at the age of 51. “Legendary Combat Controller and Afghanistan ‘Horse Soldier’ dies at 51”, Task and Purpose, December 13, 2023.

UAV Contract. General Atomics secured a $200 million contract for special operations UAV modifications integration. GA-ASI will install Special Operations Forces peculiar modifications into the MQ-9 and MQ-1C UAVs, produce aircraft modification kits and conduct analysis and studies to inform future SOF-p improvements. (GOVCONWIRE, Dec 18, 2023)

https://sof.news/update/20231218/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson