Author Topic: December migrant encounters up nearly 30% from November: CBP  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
December migrant encounters up nearly 30% from November: CBP
« on: December 19, 2023, 05:07:54 pm »
by: Jorge Ventura, Ali Bradley, Devan Markham

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 / 12:28 PM CST

Updated: Dec 18, 2023 / 11:44 PM CST

CBP: December sees 37,000 more migrant encounters than in November

Tucson Sector is leading the charge in migrant self-surrenders

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs ordered National Guard troops to state’s border

(NewsNation) — December migrant encounters at the southern border are on track to exceed November’s numbers by 30%, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol sources confirmed to NewsNation Monday.

CBP encountered roughly 130,000 migrants in the first 17 days of November. For the first 17 days in December, CBP reported about 167,000 encounters, according to a CBP source. That is a jump of 37,000 encounters, or 28%.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/december-migrant-encounters-up-nearly-30-from-november-cbp/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: December migrant encounters up nearly 30% from November: CBP
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 05:18:55 pm »
by: Jorge Ventura, Ali Bradley, Devan Markham

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 / 12:28 PM CST

Updated: Dec 18, 2023 / 11:44 PM CST

CBP: December sees 37,000 more migrant encounters than in November

Tucson Sector is leading the charge in migrant self-surrenders

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs ordered National Guard troops to state’s border

(NewsNation) — December migrant encounters at the southern border are on track to exceed November’s numbers by 30%, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol sources confirmed to NewsNation Monday.

CBP encountered roughly 130,000 migrants in the first 17 days of November. For the first 17 days in December, CBP reported about 167,000 encounters, according to a CBP source. That is a jump of 37,000 encounters, or 28%.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/december-migrant-encounters-up-nearly-30-from-november-cbp/

That's close to 300,000 encounters in just the past 2 months.  Where are they? What has happened to them? Were they turned away or are they waiting for a court date or refugee status???
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.