Author Topic: It's Been 20 Years Since Newsom Launched His '10-Year Plan' to End Homelessness in San Francisco.. S  (Read 135 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's Been 20 Years Since Newsom Launched His '10-Year Plan' to End Homelessness in San Francisco
Spencer Brown

"I don't want to over-promise, but I also don't want to under-deliver — I want to hit the ground running."

Those were the words of then San Francisco Mayor-Elect Gavin Newsom in 2003 in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle about his plan to "aggressively" go after his administration's top priority: homelessness. Specifically, it was Newsom's "10-year plan for ending chronic homelessness and going after 'tens of millions' of new dollars in federal funding," the Chronicle explained at the time.

Seeking to differentiate himself from others who tried to address homelessness in San Francisco, Newsom said he was "committed" to solving the problem, somehow better than merely having an "interest" in solving homelessness.

Old Newsom called homelessness in San Francisco "a national disgrace" and said he'd "welcome being judged by how he approached the homelessness crisis" in four years when he'd again face voters and ultimately win with nearly 75 percent of the vote.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/12/19/newsoms-10-year-plan-to-end-sf-homelessness-turns-20-n2632566
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34