Author Topic: Victim warns 'card draining' scam affecting major retailers left her gift card useless: It 'shocked'  (Read 186 times)

Online libertybele

Target continues to have security breach issues; they have for the past several years.

Victim warns 'card draining' scam affecting major retailers left her gift card useless: It 'shocked' me

Police nationwide are urging consumers to be on high alert for a cruel "card draining" scam that is rendering gift card purchases at Target and other retailers worthless.

"I was really shocked by it," Suzanne Gdovic, a victim of the scam, said Monday on "Fox & Friends First."

Gdovic, a Colorado resident, said she loaded a Target gift card with $200 for a friend whose daughter was having a baby, not knowing the card was already scammed.

"I gave it to her. She went to Target to try to use it, and she was at the cash register checking out, and she was told there was a zero balance on the card and was also told that the gift card was assigned to another person's account. There was no money there for her to use for all of the things that she was buying for the new baby," she continued........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/victim-warns-card-draining-scam-affecting-major-retailers-left-gift-card-useless-shocked
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.