Author Topic: Study: 59% of non-citizen migrants use welfare  (Read 267 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Study: 59% of non-citizen migrants use welfare
« on: December 19, 2023, 03:00:37 pm »
December 19, 2023
Study: 59% of non-citizen migrants use welfare
By Monica Showalter

Who says laws preventing entry by migrants likely to become public charges have any meaning?

According to a new study from the Center for Immigration Studies, citing the U.S. Census's 2022 Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), such laws are a joke.

Migrants are America's most prodigious consumers of government welfare programs.

CIS's Steven A. Camarota and Karen Ziegler write:

Among the findings:

The 2022 SIPP indicates that 54 percent of households headed by immigrants — naturalized citizens, legal residents, and illegal immigrants — used one or more major welfare program. This compares to 39 percent for U.S.-born households.
        The rate is 59 percent for non-citizen households (e.g. green card holders and illegal immigrants).
        Compared to households headed by the U.S.-born, immigrant-headed households have especially high use of food programs (36 percent vs. 25 percent for the U.S.-born), Medicaid (37 percent vs. 25 percent for the U.S.-born), and the Earned In
        come Tax Credit (16 percent vs. 12 percent for the U.S.-born).
        Our best estimate is that 59 percent of households headed by illegal immigrants, also called the undocumented, use at least one major program. We have no evidence this is due to fraud. Among legal immigrants we estimate the rate is 52 percent.
        Illegal immigrants can receive welfare on behalf of U.S.-born children, and illegal immigrant children can receive school lunch/breakfast and WIC directly. A number of states provide Medicaid to some illegal adults and children, and a few provide SNAP. Several million illegal immigrants also have work authorization (e.g. DACA, TPS, and some asylum applicants) allowing receipt of the EITC.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/12/study_59_of_noncitizen_migrants_use_welfare.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Study: 59% of non-citizen migrants use welfare
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 03:40:53 pm »
I'm surprised it's that low.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 11:29:36 pm »
It doesn't matter.
Even if you took away all the freebies and welfare, the overwhelming majority of them STILL wouldn't "go home".

Because... benefits or not... the life they have here will STILL be better for nearly all of them, than the life (and places) they came from.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 03:30:38 pm »