Author Topic: US economist predicts 2024 will bring 'biggest crash of our lifetime'  (Read 686 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 December 19, 2023 6:00am EST
US economist predicts 2024 will bring 'biggest crash of our lifetime'
Harry Dent warns an 'everything bubble' will burst in the new year

By Kristen Altus FOXBusiness

As the clock ticks closer to 2024, one outspoken economist is making a dire predication about the markets in the new year.

"Since 2009, this has been 100% artificial, unprecedented money printing and deficits; $27 trillion over 15 years, to be exact. This is off the charts, 100% artificial, which means we're in a dangerous state," Harry Dent told Fox News Digital. "I think 2024 is going to be the biggest single crash year we'll see in our lifetimes."

"I'm the guy that's praying for a crash while everybody else is not. We need to get back down to normal, and we need to send a message to central banks," he continued. "This should be a lesson I don't think we'll ever revisit. I don't think we'll ever see a bubble for any of our lifetimes again."

Dent, who spent the majority of his career analyzing proprietary research, credited his against-the-grain prediction to overvalued markets and excessive stimulus spending. While recent rallies have overwhelmingly provided investors with mild recession expectations, Dent remained firm that an "everything bubble" will burst next year.

Historically, market bubbles are characterized by a rapid rise in stock prices, before being met by a sharp fall.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/us-economist-predicts-2024-bring-biggest-single-crash-lifetime
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: US economist predicts 2024 will bring 'biggest crash of our lifetime'
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 03:14:23 pm »
I’m been hearing “biggest crash next year” for the last several years

For sure, we are on an unsustainable path. And without a change of course, it’s only gonna get worse

But humans tend to be geared towards gloom and doom
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 03:23:38 pm »
December 19, 2023 6:00am EST
US economist predicts 2024 will bring 'biggest crash of our lifetime'
Harry Dent warns an 'everything bubble' will burst in the new year

By Kristen Altus FOXBusiness

As the clock ticks closer to 2024, one outspoken economist is making a dire predication about the markets in the new year.

"Since 2009, this has been 100% artificial, unprecedented money printing and deficits; $27 trillion over 15 years, to be exact. This is off the charts, 100% artificial, which means we're in a dangerous state," Harry Dent told Fox News Digital. "I think 2024 is going to be the biggest single crash year we'll see in our lifetimes."

"I'm the guy that's praying for a crash while everybody else is not. We need to get back down to normal, and we need to send a message to central banks," he continued. "This should be a lesson I don't think we'll ever revisit. I don't think we'll ever see a bubble for any of our lifetimes again."

Dent, who spent the majority of his career analyzing proprietary research, credited his against-the-grain prediction to overvalued markets and excessive stimulus spending. While recent rallies have overwhelmingly provided investors with mild recession expectations, Dent remained firm that an "everything bubble" will burst next year.

Historically, market bubbles are characterized by a rapid rise in stock prices, before being met by a sharp fall.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/us-economist-predicts-2024-bring-biggest-single-crash-lifetime

I think we need to allow the economy and market to adjust itself without all the interference from the Feds. Printing more money on an endless basis and raising and lowering rates does more harm than good. I also believe that we need to go back to the gold standard.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 03:26:03 pm »
I’m been hearing “biggest crash next year” for the last several years

For sure, we are on an unsustainable path. And without a change of course, it’s only gonna get worse

But humans tend to be geared towards gloom and doom

You are correct; continually printing more money to support other countries wars and the continual flow of ILLEGALS is unsustainable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 04:07:57 pm »
Keep an eye on bank insolvencies caused by falling collateral values.

In 2008, it was falling real estate collateral values that caused bank insolvencies.

In early 2023, it was falling 30 year treasury bond values that caused a couple of bank insolvencies.

If the Fed raises rates too fast, that won't give banks enough time to unwind their portfolios of low-yielding treasury bonds and improve their solvency by diversifying their collateral assets and investment instruments.

It will be interesting to see what the next black swan may be.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 04:35:17 pm »
2024 is an election year. A Republican doesn't hold the executive office.

The swamp will do whatever it takes to pump things up until the election is over.

After 2024 is when to watch out...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 05:20:35 pm »
You are correct; continually printing more money to support other countries wars and the continual flow of ILLEGALS is unsustainable.

Printing money and running massive deficits to support anything is unsustainable
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 06:13:53 pm »
Keep an eye on bank insolvencies caused by falling collateral values.

In 2008, it was falling real estate collateral values that caused bank insolvencies.

In early 2023, it was falling 30 year treasury bond values that caused a couple of bank insolvencies.

If the Fed raises rates too fast, that won't give banks enough time to unwind their portfolios of low-yielding treasury bonds and improve their solvency by diversifying their collateral assets and investment instruments.

It will be interesting to see what the next black swan may be.

While interest costs on the FedDebt are going vertical and will bring the reckoning soon, govt debt problems are a slow roll compared to what happens when the banking system fails, which as you said is not exactly in the best financial shape either.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2023, 06:39:25 am »
I challenge anyone to give me a plausible reason why a 38K DOW is real and sustainable.

To the excellent comments around about saying the crash is next year, every year.......

All I got to say, is kicking the can down the road is only an option until the can crumbles. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.