Author Topic: Small Social Security COLA could leave retirees struggling to get by next year  (Read 351 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published December 18, 2023 11:37am EST
Small Social Security COLA could leave retirees struggling to get by next year
Social Security recipients to see 3.2% payment bump in 2024

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

The modest cost-of-living bump in Social Security benefits next year could leave many retirees struggling to get by as they continue to battle still-high inflation that has rapidly eroded their purchasing power.

A new survey published by Atticus found that an overwhelming percentage of seniors collecting Social Security – about 62% – are dissatisfied with the 3.2% payment increase they will receive in 2024.

In fact, nearly three in five seniors reported struggling financially as the cost of everyday necessities like food, rent and medical care remains uncomfortably high, while about 20% of seniors receiving Social Security plan to seek employment next year due to the small increase.

Retirees reported concerns over rising utility, insurance, heating and food costs.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/small-social-security-cola-could-leave-retirees-struggling-get-next-year
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder what the increase is for all the illegals on the welfare they aren't legally supposed to receive? Along with all the other inflationary increases my rent went up $125 a month, but hey my 3.2% after increased Medicare payment nets me $80 bucks....so I'm good 9999hair out0000 I should cross the border illegally change my name to Juan Medina and get my free housing, food and clothing, medical, etc., etc. Oh and all that while not paying a penny of taxes while working because I claim eleventyfifty dependents when I file using my handy IRS provided tax ID.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 06:12:06 pm by GtHawk »

Online Hoodat

This is no different than any other government entitlement program.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

This is no different than any other government entitlement program.

A fact that’s lost on many
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Retirees reported concerns over rising utility, insurance, heating and food costs.
All of which are skyrocketing. FJB.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org